Author Topic: Kate Jackson and Jaclyn Smith together again  (Read 337 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Kate Jackson and Jaclyn Smith together again
« on: August 04, 2023, 07:17:10 PM »
'Charlie's Angels' stars Kate Jackson, Jaclyn Smith reunite 42 years after show ends in rare public appearance

Kate Jackson was photographed at the recent wedding of Smith's son.

With thanks to Kosmo!

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Kate Jackson and Jaclyn Smith together again
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2023, 01:07:26 AM »
This was also a report on Inside Edition (I watched it today).  Apparently, Ms. Jackson has pretty much been a recluse for the past fourteen years due to health conditions and this was the first time she made a semi-public appearance during that time.

Gerard

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2023, 08:41:50 PM »
And you may have noticed, I'm way behind on catching up with entertainment news. That's why I just found this today:

Charlie’s Angels’ Stars Kate Jackson & Jaclyn Smith Reunite in Rare Sighting
See photos as pair attend Smith son’s wedding.

Different photo, plus video...

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2023, 09:54:26 PM »
Perhaps it's just as well that Cheryl Ladd wasn't there. I think that there's still  bad blood between her and Kate.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2023, 11:01:25 PM »
Perhaps it's just as well that Cheryl Ladd wasn't there. I think that there's still  bad blood between her and Kate.

I remember reading in “How Dare You Say, How Dare Me!” the autobiography of the late, great Pat Cooper (one of Dom’s and my all-time favorite comedians), that when the unfailingly understated-comedian appeared on “Charlie’s Angels,” he got along famously with the late Tanya Roberts, but, most definitely, did NOT get along with Cheryl Ladd. [easter_rolleyes] [easter_angry] [easter_wink]

PS After 25 years, I finally hit 2,000 posts!  [easter_shocked] [easter_grin] [easter_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2023, 01:05:22 AM »
I could be wrong because as much as I follow entertainment news (tv, movies, music, etc.), I don't really follow celebrity news. But if I recall correctly from an old Kate Jackson article I read who knows how long ago, Jaclyn Smith is the godmother to Kate's son, and Kate is the godmother to one of Jaclyn's children. If she's godmother to the son who got married, that would definitely explain why she was at the wedding...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2023, 01:08:06 AM »
PS After 25 years, I finally hit 2,000 posts!  [easter_shocked] [easter_grin] [easter_wink]

Congrats BtB!!  [clap] [occasion18] [clap2] [occasion18] [clap2] [occasion18] [clap]

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2023, 02:22:36 AM »
First of all, Congratulations, Bob!!!🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉

As for Kate, well.... I don't have the DS Movie Book handy, so I don't precisely remember if it was Lara or Nancy who said that Kate was experimenting with a new acting technique that involved swearing like Andrew Dice Clay before a take. It was supposed to loosen up her inhibitions. Perhaps it did. But it unnerved other people.
Several years ago, I met Martha Smith who worked with Kate on Scarecrow and Mrs. King. I asked her if the rumors about Kate were true. She sighed diplomatically and, while she didn't go into specifics, she said that on some days, Kate could be extremely difficult.
Kate and Cheryl did not hit it off from the beginning. Whether it was because Cheryl was replacing her friend Farrah, that Cheryl had a husband and daughter at home or some vying for top position, who knows. Some people just don't get along.
As for Cheryl, Jaclyn is still friends with her. So Ms. Smith is quite the diplomat herself. I met Cheryl at Chiller Theater about two years ago. I spent a fair amount of time talking to her. I found her to be warm, friendly and gracious.

But I didn't have to work with her
Fade Away and Radiate

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2023, 03:41:32 AM »
Thanks very much, Uncle Roger and M.B.!  [Bunny Thumb Up] [Bunny Animated]

Maybe I’ll make it to 4,000 posts if I last as long as the venerable Ezra Braithwaite did?  [easter_huh] [easter_rolleyes] [easter_grin]

And, to add one more bit of Kate Jackson trivia, on one of the DS dvds, Ms. Jackson relates in an interview, how much she enjoyed working with her fellow actors on DS, but that she was less than thrilled to be working with DS director Lela Swift, who I got the impression was a bit of a martinet while directing DS episodes.

So, on the dvd of that DS reunion, honoring Dan Curtis back in 2001, I paid particular attention to the interaction between Kate Jackson and Lela Swift, but I did not notice any animosity or coolness between them.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2023, 03:47:48 AM »
I remember reading in “How Dare You Say, How Dare Me!” the autobiography of the late, great Pat Cooper (one of Dom’s and my all-time favorite comedians),

Funny you should mention 'Our Hero' Pat Cooper. I read a blurb today on FB that claimed he detested Lola Falana. This stemming from a Las Vegas connection of some sort.

2000 posts, and every one a 'keeper'. Keep 'em coming, BTB!

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2023, 04:31:30 AM »
I remember reading in “How Dare You Say, How Dare Me!” the autobiography of the late, great Pat Cooper (one of Dom’s and my all-time favorite comedians),

Funny you should mention 'Our Hero' Pat Cooper. I read a blurb today on FB that claimed he detested Lola Falana. This stemming from a Las Vegas connection of some sort.

2000 posts, and every one a 'keeper'. Keep 'em coming, BTB!

Dom,

I heard that the former sexy actress/singer/actress Lola Falana found Jesus later in life and is now involved in
several religious missions and charities.

I did not know that Pat Cooler had a problem with Ms. Falana. But, then, again, are there any other celebrities
that the late Mr. Cooper did NOT have a problem with? Pat Cooper’s public rants about such other
celebrities as Frank Sinatra, Steve Lawrence & Eydie Gorme, Regis Philbin, Kathie Lee Gifford and far too many
others to cite (on “The Howard Stern Show.” “Imus in the Morning” and dozens of tv shows) are legendary.

By the way, wouldn’t Pat Cooper have been great on DS as Salvatore Bocchicchio, proud proprietor of Sal’s
Pizzeria & Trattoria, Collinsport’s premier Italian restaurant? Oh, what fun it would have been to have seen Sal/Pat interacting with Willie, Carolyn, Quentin, Julia, Barnabas and especially Roger Collins as they came into Sal/Pat’s eatery to pick up their pizza pie or chicken Marsala order!  [easter_shocked] [easter_angry] No doubt, the late, great Raineypark would have absolutely loved having the “slightly” outspoken Mr. Pat Cooper (Caputo) as a regular on DS.  [Bunny Thumb Up]

Alas, what we might have seen if DS had continued on into the mid-1970s.  [easter_embarassed] [easter_undecided] [easter_cheesy] [easter_wink]  [easter_evil]

And, thanks from one Garden State paisan to another Garden State paisan for your very kind words.  [easter_smiley] [easter_grin]

Bob

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2023, 05:45:06 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS, BOB!!!!

[crowdhappy]  [beer]
Josette

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2023, 09:59:17 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS, BOB!!!!

[crowdhappy]  [beer]

Thank you, very much, Josette. [Jumping Bunny] [Bunny Thumb Up]

Although, 2023 has not been a very happy year for either Pirates or Mets fans. In fact, Roberto Clemente and Tom Seaver must be looking down from Heaven right now, being none-too-pleased on how their formerly power-house teams have declined so much in recent years.  [easter_angry] [easter_embarassed] [easter_rolleyes]

I’ve often thought that most of the residents of Collinsport were avid fans of the Boston Red Sox, particularly Sarah Johnson, Bob Rooney and the Eagle Hill Cemetery caretaker, who’s probably STILL in mourning ever since the Red Sox foolishly sold Babe Ruth’s contract to the hated New York Yankees in 1920!  [nods] [easter_angry] [easter_evil]

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2023, 05:51:55 PM »
As far as anyone's bad behavior is concerned, remember the old saying: Time Wounds All Heels.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2023, 01:43:43 AM »
Congratulations, Bob!  I think you're suppose to get an afghan or something.  Or was it a gift certificate for a Big Boy burgers?  Anyway, it's been a while, so I don't remember, but ask MB or Midnite.  Or was it for credit on pets.com?

Gerard