Author Topic: Kate Jackson Private Autograph Signing  (Read 297 times)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Kate Jackson Private Autograph Signing
« on: May 16, 2023, 03:06:53 AM »
The Hollywood Show has announced that they are doing a private autograph signing with Kate Jackson. Kate has always been one of the more elusive cast members, so this could be the only opportunity to get her signature. It's not going to be cheap. The price is $74.99 for a signed photo. It may sound pricey but it's a comparative bargain next to the $499 that a Robert Deniro photo would cost. You can select from the photos on the site or send in one of your own photos. There will be no personalization or character name added. Also, if you send in an item that had previously been signed by the late Farrah Fawcett, it will cost an extra thirty dollars.

www.hollywoodshow.com/default/autograph-service/private-signings.html
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Kate Jackson Private Autograph Signing
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2023, 04:14:25 AM »
Nice to see one of the available photos to have signed is from NoDS...

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2023, 07:10:32 AM »
F**k you to the whole concept is my opinion.

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2023, 10:22:58 AM »
In defense of the $499.00 asking price for an autographed photo of actor Robert De Niro, I think we all have to remember that the 79-year-old legendary actor has, almost remarkably, just become a father for the seventh time. And the poor man probably needs all the money he can get at this late stage in life to support all of those bambinos of his.

It would be kind of like how the venerable Ezra Braithwaite would probably also want to leave a nest egg for all of his progeny, residing throughout the great state of Maine.  [Basket Bunny 2]  [Easter Bunny]  [Bunny With Eggs]  [Colorful Bunny]  [Bunny & Egg]  [nods]

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2023, 01:54:07 PM »
I'm hoping he donates the proceeds to charity, not that it's any of my business. Maybe he figures they're only going to sell it anyway so...

I wonder what his auto goes for on the open market. Anyway...

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2023, 02:29:20 PM »
I wonder what his auto goes for on the open market.

$499 does seem excessive - but the price Deniro's autograph could fetch on the open market probably does factor into it. Who knows? But a quick check of eBay shows that memorabilia from Goodfellas that's signed by him seems to go for upwards of anything from $698.89 to $1,098.79!!  [easter_shocked]

But at the same time, the DS Fest has spoiled us because very few if any other fandom's actors give their autographs for nothing at fan events...

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2023, 12:36:31 AM »
I don't know if anyone here is a rabid fan of Scarecrow and Mrs. King but the Hollywood Show is now offering to add Kate Jackson's signature to photos that were previously signed by Bruce Boxleitner. The price? $124.99
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2023, 11:29:03 AM »
I don't know if anyone here is a rabid fan of Scarecrow and Mrs. King but the Hollywood Show is now offering to add Kate Jackson's signature to photos that were previously signed by Bruce Boxleitner. The price? $124.99

I wonder if there are any Toppik Hair Thinning Products boxes, autographed by their celebrity spokesperson, Mr.  Bruce Boxleitner? DS’s own Gerard Stiles absolutely swore by Toppik’s “cover-up” efficacy, indeed, even better than the late Ron Popeil’s famous GLH-9 hair “cover-up” product.  [Easter Chick 2] [easter_rolleyes] [easter_grin]

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2023, 04:37:52 AM »
$499 does seem excessive - but the price Deniro's autograph could fetch on the open market probably does factor into it. Who knows? But a quick check of eBay shows that memorabilia from Goodfellas that's signed by him seems to go for upwards of anything from $698.89 to $1,098.79!!  [easter_shocked]

But at the same time, the DS Fest has spoiled us because very few if any other fandom's actors give their autographs for nothing at fan events...

When I first heard about the idea of charging for autographs, I thought "What?!?" I have *very few* celebrity autographs. But then after hearing about people who charge big bucks for autographs, I can totally understand the celebrities' side of this. Why should they provide, for free, something that the recipient may well be turning a profit-making item?

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2023, 12:50:27 AM »
My very first celebrity autograph was from Alvy Moore, who played the scatterbrained Hank Kimball on Green Acres.  His presence was for the grand opening of a used car lot in my hometown (I kid you not).  When I walked over to the place to see my first ever "star," no one else was there - he was just standing by himself in the lot with a handful of photos.  Was I ever nervous!  (Well, I was like 12 years old.)  He asked my name and added it to his signature on the picture.  While the image of him was of his character in his uniform with that Hank Kimball smile, he wore normal attire for his red-carpet appearance amidst a collection of 1960's used Plymouths and other now long-gone vehicles.  Where that picture is now, I have no idea.

Gerard

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2023, 01:12:52 AM »
My first autographed picture was Nancy Sinatra, which should come as no surprise to anyone who has spent at least ten minutes with me. I got through her fan club and I still have the picture.
Decades later, I was able to meet her in person and she signed several photos for me. My favorite was one of her and Bob Denver from For Those Who Think Young. "That's me on the right, " she wrote.  Just so I wouldn't get them mixed up.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2023, 01:47:57 AM »
I'm pretty sure I only have DS auto's. KLS was my first. She offered to sign her book, which one I do not recall. I don't think I have any others from fest's even though I stood in autograph lines so who knows. I don't remember or care. They hold no value for me, monetary or emotional.

IIRC the other is Jon Frid which I received as a gift at the behest of fellow fan Nancy Kersey. I told her I my fave character was Liz and I think she had him sign a pic of him and her or just her. It was a color foto of Bennett as one of her later characters. 1840 or 41 PT.

If I find it I'll offer it up to anyone who's interested. It was a gift so I wouldn't 'sell' it.

Offline McTrooper

• NEW ASCENDANT
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
    • Fan Made Lego Comics - Clay and Dona
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2023, 12:46:05 AM »

Wow!
I like that show a lot, but wouldn’t shell out for that.  I didn’t even spend money on DVD’s or streaming for it.
Barnabas: Your hair smells like mint today.
Julia: Yeah, I gargled today.
Barnabas: Huh???!!!!

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2023, 04:42:02 AM »
An update on the signing. They have added several more previously signed photos of Bruce Boxleitner (with Kate, of course) from Scarecrow and Mrs. King. Also, personalization is now being offered. Still no character name or special inscription.
Fade Away and Radiate