Author Topic: Lara's Kolchak Coming Up Again  (Read 189 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Lara's Kolchak Coming Up Again
« on: March 26, 2023, 07:42:15 AM »
I had Kolchak on in the background tonight and then looked up the episode to check some actors.  I noticed that "The Trevi Collection," the one with Lara, will be next week.  That's Saturday night (actually Sunday morning, April 2 at Midnight to 1 AM EDT) on MeTV.
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Lara's Kolchak Coming Up Again
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2023, 05:43:14 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, Josette.  [easter_smiley]

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 08:32:29 AM »
And it's coming up again next week!  I forgot to watch it last time.  Saturday August 19 ( actually Sunday August 20) at midnight on MeTV.
Josette

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2023, 01:31:32 AM »
How do you think Barnabas would have reacted if he paid a visit to Collinwood on a Saturday night and he just happened to find David and Amy watching Svengoolie on MeTV?  [easter_huh] [nods]

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2023, 06:57:03 AM »
Very funny, Bob, except that we never saw any evidence that they even had a TV!!!
Josette

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2023, 10:58:49 AM »
Very funny, Bob, except that we never saw any evidence that they even had a TV!!!

I hear you, Josette!

I think the only TVs we saw during the 4+ years of DS was the one in banker Stuart Bronson’s (actor Barnard Hughes) hotel room in Bangor and also the portable set in Parallel Time Eagle barmaid Buffie Harrington’s (actress Elizabeth Eis) Collinsport apartment.

Although, we did see a console TV in the Tim Burton DS film, when Barnabas (actor Johnny Depp) found Carolyn and David (actress Chloe Grace Moretz and actor Gulliver McGrath) watching the late, great Karen Carpenter performing the song, “Top of the World” on the boob tube, much to Barnabas’s great amazement and consternation!

Can you imagine that scene being played out in the original DS with Barnabas walking into the recreation room in Collinwood (if they had one?) and finding Carolyn and David watching Sonny & Cher performing, “I Got You, Babe” on “Hullabaloo” on Saturday night on NBC?

And, I’m sure that all of you Dark Shadow kiddies out there (of a “certain” age) well remember watching both “Hullabaloo” and “Shindig” on tv way back then during the halcyon days of the 1960s.  [easter_cool] [easter_rolleyes] [easter_grin]

Bob, child of the sixties; sexagenarian, and climbing, of the new millennium!  [easter_shocked] [easter_undecided] [easter_wink]

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2023, 11:28:31 AM »
I certainly remember both shows..One of the Hullabaloo dancers was future Dark Shadows actress Donna McKechnie. Can you just imagine Amanda Harris in one of those dresses with the fringe go-go dancing for Gregory Trask? Or organizing a dance troupe with Magda, Beth Chavez, Kitty Soames and Judith?

Shindig had one of the more bizarre celebrity appearances. The one and only Zsa Zsa Gabor did a shall we say unique version of High Heeled Sneakers.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2023, 12:30:33 PM »
I certainly remember both shows..One of the Hullabaloo dancers was future Dark Shadows actress Donna McKechnie. Can you just imagine Amanda Harris in one of those dresses with the fringe go-go dancing for Gregory Trask? Or organizing a dance troupe with Magda, Beth Chavez, Kitty Soames and Judith?

Shindig had one of the more bizarre celebrity appearances. The one and only Zsa Zsa Gabor did a shall we say unique version of High Heeled Sneakers.

Uncle Roger,

I think the sight of the comely and lusciously-legged Amanda Harris performing a private dance for the Reverend Gregory Trask would have given the old libertine a massive stroke!  [easter_shocked] [easter_kiss]
[easter_evil]

One of my favorite scenes during the long 1897 DS storyline was when Quentin first met the beautiful Amanda Harris in the drawing room of Collinwood, and almost immediately he turns on the charm for her and after taking her in his arms, they lock lips in an extremely passionate kiss. At that exact same moment, we hear the highly shocked and disapproving voice of the Rev. Trask off-camera, exclaiming, “Miss Harris!!!”  [easter_shocked] [easter_undecided]

To tell you the truth, I don’t think that old Gregory was so much disturbed and grossed-out by Amanda and Quentin’s extremely “friendly” embrace, but that he wasn’t getting into that action with Amanda, HIMSELF!
[easter_evil]

And, wouldn’t the ageless Zsa Zsa Gabor have been great as King Johnny Romano’s sister during the 1897 storyline? I remember she once played a gypsy on an episode of the hilarious “F-Troop.”

Somehow, I think that Magda Racosi and Zsa Zsa Romano would not have hit it off, especially after Magda ripped off The Hand of Count Petofi from her beloved brother, Johnny.  [easter_angry] [easter_wink]