Author Topic: Joan Bennett, Dennis Patrick on DECADES this weekend  (Read 279 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Joan Bennett, Dennis Patrick on DECADES this weekend
« on: January 28, 2023, 07:46:49 PM »
Joan Bennett gets "special guest star"* credit on Burke's Law in an episode airing Sunday at 1 pm Eastern/10 am Pacific.  Look for "Who Killed Mr. Colby in Ladies' Lingerie?" to see the time in your area.

*also Paul Lynde, Edd Byrnes, Bert Parks

Dennis Patrick appears in the Honey West episode "King of the Mountain" which airs tonight at 8 pm ET/5 pm PT and again Sunday at 7:30 am ET/4:30 am PT.  It's a 30-minute ep.

Decades schedule

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Joan Bennett, Dennis Patrick on DECADES this weekend
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 08:06:57 PM »
It's times like this that I hate I no longer have access to Decades.  [snow_sad]

But thanks for letting others who do have it know.  [snow_smiley]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023, 03:01:30 AM »
Why is it that you lose it yet after all this time it shows up in my lineup?!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2023, 12:15:46 AM »
For the Decades deprived, the Honey West episode with Dennis Patrick is available online.  It's not the clearest copy but the ep itself is one of the cutest: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN8lJS31_Lk

I was only able to find an incomplete vid of Joan's appearance on Burke's Law (which, coincidentally, also begins with a man crashing through a window), so I offer instead this screen grab of her Aqua Net-shellacked bubble hairdo:

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2023, 01:57:34 AM »
I saw the episode awhile back. It's a decent enough one, though not one of my favorites. Joan delivers a very solid performance as the world weary Denise. But how I wish that they had given her some screen time with the actor who's implied to be her love interest. None other than Paul Lynde. Now, that would have been must see TV!!!
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2023, 03:48:44 AM »
She looks more like Joan Crawford (or Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford) than Joan Bennett.

Gerard

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2023, 11:22:50 PM »
But how I wish that they had given her some screen time with the actor who's implied to be her love interest. None other than Paul Lynde. Now, that would have been must see TV!!!

Ha ha!

Come March 27, the Decades channel won't be available to anybody because it will become Catchy Comedy:
 https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/decades-network-catchy-comedy-night-court-1235521267/

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2023, 12:04:42 AM »
What, no more Ed Sullivan, Dick Cavett or weekend binges of “Love: American Style” or “The Mod Squad”? Oy vey! And, has anyone conveyed the bad news to the baritone-voiced Bill Kurtis yet? I tell you, I won’t have a reason now to get up at 5:00 AM to watch the same DS episodes repeated ad nauseam?

Oh, what’s next, the Sy-Fy Channel changing format and now airing repeats of “My Mother, the Car” and “Joanie Loves Chachi”? Ugh!

Beam me up, Donna Friedlander!!!  [snow_angry] [evil-snowman] [snow_smileydevil] [snow_strange]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2023, 04:22:46 PM »
Even though I no longer have access to Decades, I share your pain, BtB!!

My first reaction to Midnite's news was, "What, no more DS?!" Even though Decades has only been running the same batch of eps, they were still running DS and that was getting the show exposure. And sure, there's a whole DS channel on TUBI, but not everyone has access to it...

My second reaction was, "Oh, just what we need, another comedy channel!" Like there aren't so many of them around already. Say what you will about much of Decades programming, but at least it filled a niche that no other channel did. And well, they were quite DS friendly, having featured DS in one way or another on a few of their programs...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2024, 05:43:27 PM »
 [pointing-up]  I just noticed completely by accident that Decades is back to being available in my area. And I refer to it as "Decades" rather than "Catchy Comedy" because the guide on my DVR still lists it as "Decades."  [hdscrt]  But my same opinions as above still apply, so I'm not exactly jumping up and down that it's back to being available. Though that being said, the only reason I even noticed that it's back is because I saw that the channel, whatever you want to call it, is doing a Laverne and Shirley marathon today, and back in the day I loved that show. So if they're keeping shows like that alive, I suppose I shouldn't be quite as harsh on them as I was back when I made the above post...