Author Topic: Diana Millay on 77 Sunset Strip  (Read 161 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Diana Millay on 77 Sunset Strip
« on: December 10, 2022, 05:24:41 AM »
There's another pre-DS appearance of Diana Millay this coming Monday on MeTV+, this time in an episode of 77 Sunset Strip from 1964.

If you have access to MeTV+, please note that the eps currently airing are in the show's 6th and final season when things got really weird.  All cast members were dropped save for Efrem Zimbalist Jr., and his office is completely different, yet the title of the show remains the same, which makes zero sense.  It also lost all its kookiness, not to mention Kookie (Edd Byrnes) himself.  The popular theme song is also gone.

"Alimony League" airs Monday, December 12 at 6 pm Pacific, 9 pm Eastern.  If the show is available for streaming anywhere, it's news to me.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Diana Millay on 77 Sunset Strip
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2022, 06:55:22 PM »
Interesting - I didn't even know there is such a thing as MeTV+.

The Providence, RI version of MeTV ended several months back in favor of CHARGE! - and for some strange reason my cable dropped the Boston, MA version even though it still exists. If I want to watch MeTV, I have to either do so over the air with an antenna or download the MeTV app to my phone. I do the former.

But getting back to MeTV+, I just checked and my smart TV doesn't even have an app for it, nor does my phone...

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2022, 07:14:47 PM »
Yikes.  MetTV+ and Decades showed up recently on Spectrum in LA; I noticed only because they're on channels 6 and 8.  Didn't realize it's not in your area.

Anthony George shows up on this show too, but I won't post it if nobody else here has access to MeTV+.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2022, 08:08:18 PM »
What's funny is that when I did a Google search yesterday for MeTV+ nothing came up. However, that may be because it's very new. Also, it's quite possible that it's something they're testing out in a limited area to see how well it goes over and then it might branch out...

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2022, 07:38:36 PM »
https://www.metv.com/metvplus
Select: where to watch MeTV+ (on our Where to Watch page)

I didn't find it for MB's zip, the Orlando area, or Pittsburgh [santa_sad], but did for Chicago (station WMEU) and various New York state areas (WZME, WJLP, and Comcast).  In LA it's on KHTV and Spectrum.

Lots of retro shows with DS actors!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2022, 08:56:30 PM »
I didn't even think to look on MeTV's own Web site.  [6184]

And you know what's interesting about their Web site is that it indicates that while a Providence, RI version of MeTV isn't available on cable, it is available on DISH. I wonder if that means that after the original Providence station dropped MeTV some other station in the area picked it up? I've never bothered to rescan my stations...

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2022, 09:54:44 PM »
I'm pretty sure here (NYC area) MeTV is MeTv during the day and The CW at night. (I could be mistaken)