Author Topic: Another Use of Barnabas Name  (Read 151 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Another Use of Barnabas Name
« on: November 10, 2022, 08:34:45 AM »
Masterpiece's current 2nd year of "Miss Scarlet & the Duke" has a character who is in charge of the morgue, and she always has problems with him as she needs to see files, etc. from the morgue, and he is opposed to allowing her access.  They are developing more of him in the story right now and this week it turns out his first name is "Barnabas"!!!!
Josette

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Another Use of Barnabas Name
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 02:05:17 PM »
That's pretty cool. I doubt it's coincidental. Interesting.

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 03:46:00 PM »
Somehow, I think “our” Barnabas was a big fan of the old “Masterpiece Theatre” on PBS and that Barnabas would always show up at just before 9:00 PM (EST) at Collinwood on Sunday nights to sit down with Elizabeth, Roger, Carolyn and the seemingly ubiquitous Julia Hoffman to catch the mellifluous Alistair Cooke introduce yet another literary classic from our British cousins on WGBH-TV out of Boston.

In fact, if Barnabas happened to catch the BBC production of “Dracula” on PBS, maybe after seeing the unfailingly debonair Louis Jourdan (as the notorious count) scale the walls of Castle Dracula in that terrific limited supernatural series, Barnabas may have been inspired to try and scale the wall leading up to the tower room of the great house of Collinwood himself?

Can you imagine if Sarah Collins just happened to get up out of bed at three in the morning for a relaxing
cigarette and as she gazed out of the window to enjoy the full moon, she spotted Mr. B., schlepping his way up the wall towards her? Oy vey, what would the kindly and even saintly Mrs. Johnson have made of THAT amazing sight!?!  [hall2_shocked]  [nods]  [hall2_shocked]

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2022, 07:58:46 AM »
Bob, you always come up with such funny images!! [hall2_grin]
Josette

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2022, 09:51:27 PM »
I'm sure, in time, people will think that character's name was "Barnabus" or "Barnaby."

Gerard