Author Topic: 5 Horror Classics on COZI TV Tonight  (Read 119 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
5 Horror Classics on COZI TV Tonight
« on: October 29, 2022, 04:34:19 PM »
Hey, gang,

Tonight the COZI TV Channel airs five excellent horror films, we’ve probably all seen and enjoyed over the years. The schedule of films (all Eastern Standard Time) is:

6:00PM The Wolf Man (1941) No doubt, both Quentin Collins and Chris Jennings’’ “favorite” horror film. I’ll bet they both could relate to Larry Talbot’s extremely unfortunate decision to visit that gypsy camp out on the moors.

7:30 PM The Mummy (1932) I wonder if a courting Roger Collins and Laura Ratcliffe caught this eerie flick on a date at the Collinsport Cinema in 1956?

9:00 PM Dracula (1931) The definitive creature of the night film. This flick must have
really struck a cord with Barnabas Collins, when Barnabas was watching this film on the “Creature Features” Saturday night films broadcast out of Portland, Maine with his cousins Roger and David Collins in the Collinwood family tv room.

10:00 PM The Creature From The Black Lagoon (1954) This 1950s horror classic about a group of American scientists encountering a mysterious man-fish along the Amazon River in Brazil is said to be Willie Loomis’ all-time favorite fright flick. Willie especially enjoyed the beautiful, and strangely erotic, aquatic pas de deux performed by the beautiful and decidedly zaftig Julie Adams and the obviously beguiled and thunderstruck gill-man.

12:00 AM The Invisible Man (1933) This highly imaginative film, starring that renowned and unfailingly grandiloquent film and stage actor Claude Rains, and directed by the legendary James
Whale (Frankenstein and The Bride of Frankenstein), tells the story of Dr. Jack Griffin, a brilliant scientific researcher, who discovers a new drug which renders him invisible.

Undoubtedly, such renowned Collinsport scientific researchers as Dr. Eric Lang and Dr. Cyrus Longworth would have tipped their hats in great respect for their fellow colleague, a truly inspired man of science!

So, tonight, I’ll settle down with my microwave popcorn and Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate (sugar-free, of course) in front of the tv and enjoy over six hours of truly legendary Hollywood horror entertainment! What better way to ring in the festive Halloween season?  [ScaredGhost]  [Zombie_Hand_Grave]  [HapHalloVamp]

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Horror Classics on COZI TV Tonight
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2022, 05:24:19 PM »
Hi  Bob , all good horror movies . Just saw Halloween Ends recently really awesome.
Going to miss Jamie Lee Curtis now that she won’t be doing anymore of Halloween.
Take care, love ,Anne
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2022, 06:46:24 PM »
Hi, Annie,

Yes, I want to go see “Halloween Ends,” the 13th (and final?) entry in the “Halloween” film series. I tell you, the evil Michael Myers had more “resurrections” than both Angelique and Nicholas Blair had combined on “Dark Shadows”!

I thought after Michael got shot point blank right in the head by the late, great and wonderfully creepy Donald Pleasence as Dr. Sam Loomis (any relation to our own Willie?) in one of the earlier “Halloween” films, that that would be the end of the masked mad killer. But, no, Michael just kept on slashing numerous victims through another ten bloody films or so.

I’ll bet that the precocious (not to mention, morbid) David Collins had all of the “Halloween” movies on both VHS and DVD in addition to having a Michael Myers mask hanging prominently on the wall in his bedroom at Collinwood.  [devil2]

Bob

PS I wonder if Collinsport, Maine and Haddonfield, Illinois were/are sister cities?   [Evil_Pumpkins]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2022, 07:00:07 PM »
[pointing-up]  I bet you're spot on with those movies all being a part of David's video collection!!  [nodassent]

Also about Collinsport and Haddonfield being sister cities...

[Winking_Monster] [Pump] [skull_winks] [Pump] [Winking_Monster]