Author Topic: Tower Room  (Read 2087 times)

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Tower Room
« on: April 19, 2002, 11:13:25 AM »
Boy, they were sure some bright lights up there in the tower room today while Millicent was looking up! I've never seen candles that bright!! [sun]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
Re: Tower Room
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2002, 01:00:41 PM »
Boy, they were sure some bright lights up there in the tower room today while Millicent was looking up! I've never seen candles that bright!! [sun]

Reminded me of a lighthouse....
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2002, 03:42:16 PM »
They must have been using those Acid Green and Neon Orange candles they seem to have all over the place...those things could knock your eyes out WITHOUT being lit!! [lghy]

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2002, 07:09:43 PM »
Rainey, don't you know that they got all those candles at Ye Olde Collinsport Head Shoppe?  The one that was still in biz 200 years later!

Just imagine it, an oasis of black light posters, psychedelic beads, crushed velvet capes and patchouli in a little old New England seaport...

Still enjoying those groovy 60s vibes 40 years later,

Steve

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2002, 08:52:44 PM »
Rainey, don't you know that they got all those candles at Ye Olde Collinsport Head Shoppe?  The one that was still in biz 200 years later!

Of course by now in ADS 31 (After Dark Shadows) it might have become Ye Olde Collinsport Health Food Store - selling hemp, herbs, and patchouli candles to the same people but for slightly differnt uses. [peace]

CastleBee - who just visted her local health food emporium and almost bought a cake of patchouli soap.  
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2002, 08:54:51 PM »
Ah, yes, Gothick....thank you ONCE AGAIN for reminding me how OLD I am!  ;)

I DO remember Ye Olde Collinsport Head Shoppe.  Far out music boxes, cool onyx rings and medallions, totally awesome Tarot Card section.

Used to be run by a guy named Judah something, wasn't it?  [lghy]

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2002, 11:43:44 PM »

I hear ya Gothick! Those were the days!  :)

"Calamity Jane"

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2002, 01:49:12 AM »

There is a mysterious-looking house just up the street from me that is architecturally very similar to Collinwood, complete with tower, though on a smaller scale.  (In case you think I'm making this up, Midnite has seen pictures I took of it -- I've since taken better photos in the Fall, when the leaves had fallen, and you could make out the house better).

I often like to walk in the evening or night, and sometimes late at night when I walk by there is a light on in the tower room.  My imagination starts going and I wonder who is locked up in there ...  A madwoman?  A vampire?

And if that isn't enough, there's another house even closer to me that's reminiscent of the Old House (again, on a smaller scale) ... I've often been tempted to knock at the front door and ask if Barnabas is home ...

Whenever I've seen people go in and out of these homes, though, they're actually not very mysterious looking at all.  Kind of disappointing.

We used to play on the grounds of an enormous mansion on the rocky coast of one of the Great Lakes ...  Now that was truly a DS kind of experience ...  There was a nice lady who lived alone there except for various attendants.  As I've mentioned in the past, a small old cemetary is adjacent to the grounds, enclosed in a wrought-iron fence.

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2002, 01:57:58 AM »
Ah, yes, Gothick....thank you ONCE AGAIN for reminding me how OLD I am!  ;)

I DO remember Ye Olde Collinsport Head Shoppe.  Far out music boxes, cool onyx rings and medallions, totally awesome Tarot Card section.

Used to be run by a guy named Judah something, wasn't it?  [lghy]

Oh - I thought Sebastian Shaw ran the place!  8)

Offline Minja

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2002, 06:15:44 AM »
Oh - I thought Sebastian Shaw ran the place!  
8)

Actually he ran The Pennock Supper Club that had it's own opium den in a back room behind the cocktail lounge![twch2]

Judah ran the HEADshop![pimp]

[shadow=yellow,left,300]Always, Minja [smokn][/shadow]

Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline Mark Rainey

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2002, 06:42:38 AM »
Actually he ran The Pennock Supper Club that had its own opium den in a back room behind the cocktail lounge! Judah ran the HEAD  shop!

Someone stop this woman...please...before it's too late....

In my old hometown there are lots of large, Victorian homes in the neighborhood where I grew up. I used to pick out the houses that I figured would be most suitable for the characters on DS. There's one that would make a great Old House; it doesn't look that much like the Spratt mansion, but the setting is perfect and the house itself certainly looks old enough. And there was a smaller, rustic brick home with a steep roof, narrow gables, and an exceptionally tall chimney with an "S" monogram on it. If that wasn't Prof. Stokes's house, it ought to have been. ;)

[shadow=purple,left,300]--Mark[/shadow]

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2002, 09:17:20 PM »
That tower room has to be the biggest waste of space in the entire edifice of Collinwood.  Here the house is, just a coupla months old, and that room is already pretty much a dingy, deserted place.  What the heck did it build it for (other than locking people up)?  Better TV reception?  Docking the Hindenburg?  Good grief - you'd think they'd at least use it for storing the boxes of Christmas decorations.

Gerard

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2002, 09:38:10 PM »
Docking the Hindenburg?!!

Christmas Decorations?!!

Thank you Gerard,  that was my laugh out loud of the day!!
;D
Rainey
Dylan Thomas

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2002, 11:28:15 PM »
That tower room has to be the biggest waste of space in the entire edifice of Collinwood.  Here the house is, just a coupla months old, and that room is already pretty much a dingy, deserted place.  What the heck did it build it for (other than locking people up)
Gerad

LOL!!! I agree Gerad!! It seems like half the rooms there are already deserted![ hdscrt]

"Calamity Jane"

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2002, 11:57:27 PM »
There are still many episodes of Dark Shadows that I haven't watched since its first run in the 60's, and caught a few when it aired again in the late 70's, early 80's. I recall a similiar situation involving the tower room where a woman, don't remember the character, but think it was KLS, kept seeing a light in the tower room, and was told by someone that there could not have been a light on because nobody had been using that room for 100 years. Does anyone else remember that? Vlad, when I was in the 4th grade, I was friends with some kids I went to school with who came from a large family and lived in a good size  Victorian home. It also had a tower room which was really neat. I went up there to see it and it would have been my first choice of the bedrooms. One of the older kids in the family had it of course. Being the youngest of 3, I know how that goes. The house reminded me of a mini Collinwood. Needless to say it was my favorite house in the neighborhood. Here in Las Vegas, NV I have seen a couple of homes that had an Old House look to it. One in particular. My house looks like neither, but it's big enough and has everything I need. For all this back in the day talk, I was too little to remember much of the 60's. I was born in 1964. The late 70's and early 80's, for me those were the days!
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan