Author Topic: Trilogy of Terror on Svengoolie on Oct 1st at a special time  (Read 299 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Trilogy of Terror on Svengoolie on Oct 1st at a special time
« on: September 25, 2022, 05:22:27 PM »
Celebrate the spooky season with Svengoolie's Halloween BOOnanza, starting Oct. 1!
It's all treats, no tricks, with an often-requested movie, a season premiere and Sven's first-ever one-hour primetime special!

For some reason the Providence, RI station where MeTV ran dropped them a couple weeks ago in favor of Charge! TV. But thankfully the Boston, MA station still has it. But what's weird is that the local cable company is no longer carrying that Boston station, so anyone who wants to watch MeTV has to do so over the air...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Trilogy of Terror on Svengoolie on Oct 1st at a special time
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2022, 04:27:08 PM »
Just a reminder for those interested that this is on tonight.  [FangedDevil]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 02:53:40 AM »
I watched the movie tonight for the first time in decades. It's funny that I remembered that John Karlen is in the second story, but I totally forgot that James Storm is in the first. Though both of them, separately and together, appear in other of DC's movies as well.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2022, 12:46:41 AM »
Oops - I missed this yesterday:

Trilogy of Terror (Saturday, 7 pm/6c, MEtv): Kicking off horror host Svengoolie’s month-long “Halloween BOOnanza” celebration is a showing of Dan Curtis’ 1975 horror classic, peaking with Karen Black going to war against a demonic Zuni fetish doll. Followed by Svengoolie Uncrypted (9/8c), a celebration of the host’s four-decade career, and the hourlong Season 2 premiere of the companion series Sventoonie (10/9c).

I was going to watch Sventoonie but they didn't run it here. They substituted local programming. [hall2_angry]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2024, 11:41:03 PM »
I just saw where this is being shown again this upcoming Saturday, April 27th. I have no idea if the other showings cut anything out for time (meaning more commercials) but now that Svengoolie is two and a half hours long, if anything was cut, perhaps it will be put back instead of just adding more Svengoolie shtick, which is always fun, but I'd rather have the full version of whatever film is being shown.