Author Topic: No Fur For Liz  (Read 218 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
No Fur For Liz
« on: July 30, 2022, 06:20:05 PM »
Another 1961 version of The Price is Right inspired post. Though unlike last week's which jokingly dealt with whether or not something on the show inspired something on DS, this one is about something on the show that was missing on DS. And that would be Liz Stoddard wearing something made with/of fur. When it comes to The Price is Right showcases from back then that feature women's clothes, seemingly everything runs the gamut from fur trimmed dresses and coats to fur stoles to full fur coats. In the ep I watched today, what made me think of the lack of fur for Liz was that a showcase featured not one, not two, but six dresses trimmed with fur in some way and they were considered "the height of luxury" - but the wealthy Mrs. Stoddard was never seen dressed that way. But then, Ohrbach's motto was "Designer clothes for less," so perhaps anything with fur would have cost too much to fall into their "for less" philosophy. Who knows...

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: No Fur For Liz
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 07:55:49 PM »
Do you think we would have seen Liz in mink if she were not a recluse?

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 01:11:58 AM »
I imagine if Chris Jennings had been done in during a full moon, he could've been made into at least a wolf-lined parka for Liz.

Gerard

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2022, 07:42:33 PM »
Do you think we would have seen Liz in mink if she were not a recluse?

Knowing Mrs. Stoddard's conservative, New England ways, I doubt she'd ever "kvell," by parading ostentatiously around Collinsport in a fur coat, like Zsa Zsa Gabor or Jennifer Lopez.  [nods]