Author Topic: Question on Today's Quote  (Read 174 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Question on Today's Quote
« on: July 16, 2022, 05:09:03 AM »
The Barnabas quote from today's episode #534 about "it's in her nature to love" - I can't figure out what the situation is or who the "her" is that he's referring to.
Josette

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Question on Today's Quote
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2022, 01:44:21 PM »
Quote from: Mysterious Benefactor on July 19, 2021, 09:26:03 AM
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #534 (1968) - Barnabas - 'It's in her nature to love and not destroy. Well there MUST be something in my nature that's like that too-- that... that is worthy of what she's doing for me. And that's why I cannot let it go on, Julia.'

From "Robservations 6/24/02 - #534/535 - The Point of Return?"
Quote from: ROBINV on June 23, 2002, 07:26:09 AM
she thinks Vicki fell asleep. To have the dream again, laments Barnabas. Julia says Cassandra has underestimated Vicki's strength, and Barnabas agrees- and how much consolation is there in that? He's being selfish. What is he roving--accomplishing?-nothing--Vicki is strong, but also being tortured, and he's allowing it. Julia says Vicki doesn't want to tell him the dream, and Barnabas says loving is her nature, not destroying, and he feels he, too, must have something in his nature that will be worthy of what she's doing for him. He can't let it go on-he's going to go to Vicki and let her tell him the dream. Julia protests, asks him to wait longer. It's already been too long, he says. Julia feels Vicki will survive the dream, and reminds Barnabas that if this reaches its conclusion, his fate will be worse than death.
[/spoiler]

While not referencing it directly, the Robservations does reference the quote quite well, touching on all the main points...

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2022, 06:59:36 AM »
Thank you, Dom - just by itself with no context and not knowing who "she" was, I couldn't place it in any storyline.  And yes, the Robservation description certainly captures the full quote.
Josette

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2022, 01:51:53 PM »
I was wondering myself. I guessed it was Vicki because I couldn't think of anyone else that Barn felt that way about that early on, though I did entertain Carolyn as a possibility. I also (incorrectly) guessed it had something to do with the Adam storyline because I equate 1968 with that storyline. I would never have guessed it would be about the dream curse. I am not a dream curse fan so that's probably why.

I often play this guessing game with this slideshow. I get it most of the time but sometimes I have to wait until MB posts the details in that particular slideshow topic. That is if I remember in the first place - old age!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2022, 02:53:37 PM »
You people aren't the only ones who can't always immediately place a quote. More than a few times when Midnite has sent one of her quotes I've told her that I have no idea what the quote is about. It isn't until I go to get the screen capture that it finally hits me.  [6184]

Then there are times like the other day with regard to Julia's "No. I MUST find him. Where can
he be?" when you'd swear a quote refers to a particular character but it ends up really being about someone entirely different...