Author Topic: Larry Storch at the 2007 Fest  (Read 223 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Larry Storch at the 2007 Fest
« on: July 10, 2022, 08:30:57 PM »
Larry Storch, who passed away this past Friday at the age of 99, made an appearance at the 2007 DS Fest, surprising his fellow Broadway tour co-star from Arsenic and Old Lace.  I thought I might repost the links to Joeytrom's fantastic photos from the event:

Larry Storch showed up as a surprise guest for Jonathan Frid today.

I have pictures to work on and will post them tomorrow.
This is an easier way to do it:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1124/1165714426_138b6e5e82_b.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1331/1165716888_91c9dcee4d_b.jpg

There are several other mentions of Larry Storch on the board, including this one from Uncle Roger in 2016 about a Marie Wallace appearance and tribute to her friend:
Marie Wallace will be making an appearance at the Metropolitan Room in NYC on July 10th for a 7pm show as part of a tribute to Larry Storch. Larry is best known as Corporal Agarn from F Troop but also appeared with Jonathan Frid in Arsenic and Old Lace and with Marie in I Oughta Be in Pictures. He has also popped in at least one Dark Shadows festival. Other guests on the schedule include Eddie Deezen from Grease and celebrity impressionist Marilyn Michaels. Tickets run from $24 to $115, with the usual two drink minimum.  metropolitanroom.com

RIP

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Larry Storch at the 2007 Fest
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2022, 08:43:29 PM »
What's really great, apart from the photos themselves, is that Joeyrom still makes the photos available. Unfortunately, a lot of photos that have been shared in the past are no longer available when you click their links. Though often that is of no fault of the people who posted them because it's simply a case that where the photos were uploaded is no longer active, leaving their users high and dry. Many such sites have closed in the past 20 years...

But anyway, thanks so much, Midnite, for tracking those photos down.  [ghost_smiley]  I'd honestly forgotten all about them...

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2022, 05:36:06 AM »
Yea, MB, seeing those photos come up was a pleasant surprise!  Now, is anyone still in touch with Joeytrom?

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2022, 05:43:09 PM »
We're not Facebook friends but I have seen posts from him in some of the DS groups.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2022, 09:03:20 PM »
Mr. Storch was such a great comedic actor. I will always regret not seeing him in "Arsenic and Old Lace," with the late, great Jean Stapelton, the wonderful Marion Ross and, of course, the legendary Jonathan Frid.

Mr. Storch was best known for his portrayal as the seemingly perpetually angst-ridden Corporal Randolph Agarn (of Passaic, NJ) on the hilariously funny 1960s sit-com, "F-Troop." Mr. Storch's famous retort on that classic comedy was, "Who says I'm dumb!?!"

Several years ago, the city of Passaic, NJ presented Mr. Storch with the key to the city as Passaic's favorite, adopted "son." Mr. Storch seemed to be genuinely moved by the town fathers' gesture.

What a long and rewarding life Mr. Storch led. He almost made it to the ranks of other famous centenarians, such as Olivia DeHaviland, Kirk Douglas and Norman Lloyd (of Jersey City, NJ).

Requiem aeternam, Mr. Storch.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2022, 09:26:23 PM »
Good to hear, Uncle Roger!  Thanks.