Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0056  (Read 195 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0056
« on: July 03, 2022, 02:34:20 PM »
Robservations #56

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0056

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2022, 02:17:22 AM »
Carolyn has slept in. The first time in years.  Elizabeth produces the lost watch and explains Joe found it. She also tells her daughter that there was a body. A call comes and they found it two miles down shore. Carolyn goes upstairs to find Vickie making the bed and helps her. Carolyn sobs and then reveals the horrible news that Bill is dead.
     Roger tracks down Sam at the Blue whale. Surprise!  He tells his cohort that an autopsy will be done. Roger tells the drunkard what to say and that they must stand United. 
      Carolyn opens the Collins family history book.  Roger comes home and tells his sister that he hoped it wasn’t Bill who was found in the ocean. He closes the plant for the rest of the day.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 12:51:05 AM »
Has any woman ever woken up after sleeping in and looked more beautiful than Carolyn Stoddard? I kept thinking of Faye Dunaway in Bonnie And Clyde.

Good opening voiceover.

Decent enough episode but it didn't suck me in. Perhaps I prefer the Collins women strong and determined as opposed to weak and broken. I didn't get much out of Liz & Carolyn's conversation nor Carolyn & Vicki's.

It seemed like Bob Rooney was listening in on Sam and Roger. I was picturing him blabbing to the cops. They certainly weren't whispering though Roger kept checking on his whereabouts. Good scene and necessary conversation - getting their stories straight. Though if I were Roger I would have no faith in Sam being able not to f**k it up. At this precise moment in time neither of them is acting guilty of murder.

Carolyn and Vicki - Same dynamics as usual. Carolyn pretends to be okay, Vicki doesn't catch on, Carolyn lashes out, Vicki coddles her, Carolyn comes clean. If nothing else, the conversation inspires Vicki to double down on her effort to search for her origins. She attempts to goad Liz into a reaction by mentioning she is going to visit Sam Evans but fails when Liz doesn't take the bait. Vicki really should have known better then to be that tacky at that time.

The final scene payed out nicely. I bought the family comforting each other.

Roger is one slick mofo.
Vicki - "Oh, which legend? You've got so many." (lol)
Ford's introductory lines seemed more worthy of a Mark Allen delivery.