Author Topic: A Bit Off Topic: The Night Strangler  (Read 148 times)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
A Bit Off Topic: The Night Strangler
« on: March 17, 2022, 12:02:32 AM »
Back to Barnes and Noble again and I picked the new issue of Scary Monsters, with the legendary Ingrid Pitt on the cover. The magazine contains a lovely interview with Nina Wayne. Nina is the sister of the late Carol Wayne and has had a long career as an actress. Nina was cast as Charisma Beauty in The Night Strangler, the second Kolchak MOTW. She ended up with a larger part than she expected, due to the antics of Jo Ann Pflug. Pflug held up production by staying too long in the make-up room. DC, Mr. Time Is Money, got tired of waiting for her and gave some her lines to Nina. This did not go over well with Pflug. She went out of her way to cast shadows on Nina's face. And, during one scene where the ladies were side by side, she stepped on Nina's foot with her spiked heel and drove it in. Nina was a professional and did not ruin a take.
She was asked about any conflict between DC and Darren McGavin and said that she wasn't on set long enough to notice and that she had her own concerns with Pflug.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: A Bit Off Topic: The Night Strangler
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 12:14:17 AM »
Ah, DC's sets always seem to have been a laugh a minute!  [snow_wink] [snow_rolleyes]

Thanks for sharing the info, Uncle Roger. I'll check out the issue next time I'm at B&N.  [snow_smiley]