Author Topic: Forums cousin Raineypark  (Read 262 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Forums cousin Raineypark
« on: January 28, 2022, 10:27:09 PM »
Very sad news to share:  Raineypark, a long-time DS cousin, former board moderator, and huge Willie Loomis fan passed away this month after a long illness. MB, Dom and myself are comforted that our dear friend is now at peace, and I know she's probably already hanging out in the ether with fellow New Yorker Karlen. [love9]

♥          ♥          ♥

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Re: Forums cousin Raineypark
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 12:56:21 AM »
Oh, my God, this is terrible news. Raineypark and I became friends after meeting through the Dark Shadows Forums. We would regularly exchange thoughts and opinions on “Dark Shadows,” “The Sopranos,” the Yankees and the Mets, our Sicilian grandfathers and growing up and living in the greater New York City area, Raineyoark out on Long Island and me across from lower Manhattan on the “Joisey” side of the Hudson River.

I’ve often wondered why Raineypark, who was so active and expressed such thoughtful and insightful opinions on this web site, seemed to just disappear. I sent her several messages with no response. And, now very sadly, I understand why I hadn’t heard from her.

Ironically, I just recently learned that my best friend, a guy I had attended grade school, high school and
college with and shared many adventures with in and around the Big Apple, had died in his sixties from lung cancer. And, I recall discussing the dangers of smoking with Raineypark after she told me that she was a longtime smoker. I told her about my late father, a guy who started smoking as a teenager and like many other young men in his generation, really developed a dependence on tobacco after lighting up so frequently as a means to cope with the stress and fear they experienced as G.I.’s during World War II. I told Raineypark that my father told his cousin and a friend at lunch, that he felt lousy after lighting up a cigarette. He died of a massive heart attack several hours later in front of my mother and his cousin and his wife on the beach at Point Pleasant, NJ. He was just ten days shy of his 70th birthday. Raineypark seemed to be moved by the story of my
father’s death. I urged her to stop smoking for both her sake and for the sake of her husband and children.

I offer my sincere condolences to Raineypark’s family.

Requiem aeternam, Raineypark. Until we meet again on the other side.

Bob

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 03:07:08 AM »
Omg I’m so sorry to hear this very sad news . I will miss her bright smile on this board .
She is God’s angel in heaven . May her soul Rest In The Peace Of Heaven.
We all love you Rainy Park .😘😘❤️❤️
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2022, 04:31:44 AM »
How sad!  Just as we appreciate our fellow DSers who have left us, let's always appreciate each other who are still here. 

Gerard

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2022, 05:14:01 AM »
Amen to that, Annie and Gerard.

You know, I was thinking of updating a thread I posted here on the DSF regarding “Absent Friends” from back in January of 2021. And, now Midnite has very thoughtfully informed us of the untimely death of our beloved cousin, Raineypark.

We’ve seen so many of the wonderful DS actors pass on over the last several months. I remember that Christopher Pennock was such a great and outgoing guy at the DS Festivals and he died at much too young an age in his early seventies. First, the delightful and sprightly Vera Ann Marano (also known as VAM) died at a young age and now Raineypark is also gone much too soon.

I hope all of the long-too-absent DSF cousins/regulars are well and leading happy lives. As I get older, it’s very tough to see so many friends and family members leave. The world is a much sadder place without them.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2022, 07:37:26 AM »
So sorry to learn this; my deepest condolences to her family.
Josette

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2022, 07:18:03 PM »
Oh no! I remember her well and delighted in her posts here. I'm so sorry to learn she's gone. RIP, friend Raineypark.

ProfStokes

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2022, 07:28:28 PM »
and I know she's probably already hanging out in the ether with fellow New Yorker Karlen. [love9]

Of that I have little doubt!!  [snow_wink] [snow_cheesy]