Author Topic: Joanna Going in “Love & Mercy”  (Read 218 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Joanna Going in “Love & Mercy”
« on: January 27, 2022, 04:37:10 PM »
Hey, gang,

I watched the Brian Wilson biography, “Love and Mercy” last night. It’s an excellent film on the troubled life of the legendary Beach Boys composer, lead singer and musician. After seeing Ms. Going’s name listed in the film’s opening credits, I almost didn’t recognize her as she appeared with blond hair as Audree Wilson, mother of the talented Wilson brothers.

I’ve seen Ms. Going in several films since her days as an alumna of the 1991 DS series. She is a terrific actress and a very attractive woman. Has Ms. Going ever appeared at any of the past Dark Shadows Festivals?

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Joanna Going in “Love & Mercy”
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 10:46:09 PM »
I think one of the regulars/cousins here mentioned that he went to high school with Joanna Going in Newport, R.I. No doubt, Ms. Going must have been very popular with her fellow students, particularly the young guys for obvious reasons.  [snow_smiley]

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 11:08:20 PM »
Joanna was announced for one festival back in the 1990's but for whatever reason did not appear.

I was fortunate enough to see Joanna and Kim Hunter in a production of the Tennessee Williams play Suddenly Last Summer in Springfield, Massachusetts in 1991. The final episode of the NBC show had just aired but the fall schedule hadn't been announced yet.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2022, 12:59:25 AM »
“Suddenly, Last Summer” is an especially intense play. It’s hardly “Harvey” or “Arsenic and Old Lace.”

Have you seen Joanna Going in the film, “Keys to Tulsa”? Her role as exotic dancer Cherry in the film is a far cry from her role as the lovely and virginal Vicky Winters in the 1991 DS series.

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 02:40:57 AM »
I haven't seen that one but Ms. Going has had quite a varied career. She started off in soaps and spent a few years on Another World as Lisa Grady. Lisa worked for the police department and had some sort of psychic powers. Which hopefully moved the plot along.
She has had quite a varied career in film and TV, as well as a few appearances on stage. One of her most recent roles was on the DirectTv series Kingdom, where she played a recovering drug addict and sex worker who was the mother of Nick Jonas.
Fade Away and Radiate