Author Topic: MacGyver at Greystone  (Read 177 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
MacGyver at Greystone
« on: December 29, 2021, 03:21:18 AM »
"Deathlock," the Season 1 ep of MacGyver (the OS) that was filmed inside and on the grounds of Greystone, will air on H&I on Thursday, Dec. 30 at 2 pm in the East & West. Tremendous liberties were taken with the mansion's layout, and the star occasionally acts pretty stupid in this one.

To check time in your area: https://www.handitv.com/schedule/2021-12-30

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: MacGyver at Greystone
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 04:40:14 PM »
Thanks so much for the heads up - my DVR is set.  [santa_smiley]

I'm sure I saw this ep back in the day when it was originally on because I watched MacGyver regularly. But that was years before the '91 Series used Greystone as a location, so I wouldn't have been paying much attention to the use of it in this ep. Your comment that they take tremendous liberties with the mansion's layout has gotten me really intrigued to see what they do...

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: MacGyver at Greystone
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 01:40:29 AM »
Wow - they definitely played fast and loose with the layout of the house, particularly with the kitchen. Who knew the kitchen could not only jump to different wings of the house but also to different floors!!  [santa_wink]  And when I first saw it I wondered why the "trophy room" was a set, but then not only a secret panel was needed in it but a secret room off of it.

A couple non-Greystone comments: Not that we see much of them, but oh those '80s fashions. And you're right that MacGyver acts pretty stupid here and there. Not to mention, these days could the hero get away with that first kiss with the female guest star? I wonder. But it was a different time...