Author Topic: Dark Shadows: A Christmas Carol - Coming Sun. Dec. 19  (Read 1475 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Shadows: A Christmas Carol - Coming Sun. Dec. 19
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2021, 08:30:52 AM »
Thank you, MB!!
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2021, 09:39:45 PM »
This probably won't come as a surprise to anyone but even though I own all the DS DVDs, I still haven't watched all the extras on all of them. Though while doing the screen captures of the eps for the MUST Slideshow I do check out some of the interviews if I see a disc has one and I have the time to watch it. Just a short while ago I watched the Alexandra Moltke interview that's on Disc #3 of The Beginning Collection 1 (Disc #3 of The Complete Original Series boxed set). In often warm and glowing terms she talks about many of the actors that she worked with on the show, many of whom she worked with on this production. It's really quite a fun and interesting interview, and if you've never seen it, I suggest watching it as soon as you're able to.

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2021, 11:01:14 PM »
MB,

I remember reading an interview in which Ms. Moltke expressed great admiration for the late Thayer David as both an actor and a gentleman.

Apparently, during the first year episodes, Ms. Moltke and Mr. David spent a lot of time together, while filming those episodes where Vicky is tied up with the crazed Matthew Morgan in that secret room behind the bookshelf in the drawing room of the Old House.

Ms. Moltke remembered that Mr. David was quite the intellectual, whose extensive knowledge of many subjects was very impressive. She enjoyed discussing so many topics with the Harvard University-educated Mr. David.

It’s funny, but when I saw 1797 DS episodes for the first time, and Vicky meets Ben Stokes for the first time in the Old House, she screams out in great terror, “Matthew Morgan!” Well, I sat there, wondering, “Who’s Matthew Morgan?” as I had never seen the “pre-Barnabas” episodes before.

As I recall, poor, innocent Ben quickly got into trouble with the imperious Joshua Collins for having had the chutzpah to even speak with a young woman in the Old House. Of course, the lovely and saintly Vicky feels terrible for getting Ben into trouble with the Ebenezer Scrooge of Collinsport.

Although, later the noble and selfless Ben befriends Vicky and he and Barnabas do all they can to help and protect Vicky from the loathsome Rev. Trask.