Author Topic: ShadowGram Update #447 The Jonathan Frid Story Preview  (Read 340 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
ShadowGram Update #447 The Jonathan Frid Story Preview
« on: September 18, 2021, 06:10:51 PM »
SHADOWGRAM – THE OFFICIAL DARK SHADOWS NEWS ONLINE UPDATES
THURSDAY, 09-16-2021 * SHADOWGRAM UPDATE # 447

DARK SHADOWS & BEYOND: THE JONATHAN FRID STORY - FREE DOCUMENTARY PREVIEW ONLINE EVENT

On Sunday, October 3 at 4:00 p.m., Pacific Time/6:00 p.m. Central Time/7:00 p.m. Eastern Time, a special one-hour free online preview of the DARK SHADOWS & BEYOND documentary devoted to Jonathan Frid will take place live on the MPI Media Group YouTube channel with original DARK SHADOWS actors LARA PARKER (Angelique), DAVID SELBY (Quentin Collins), JAMES STORM (Gerard) and MARIE WALLACE (Eve) along with documentary producer-director MARY O'LEARY and
journalist host MARK DAWIDZIAK.

The event will be screened at www.YouTube.com/MPIMediaGroup

The actors will share stories of their friendship and working with Jonathan on DARK SHADOWS, preview clips and rare footage will be shown plus a question-and-answer session will be held. Online viewers may send questions in advance to: JonathanFridDoc@gmail.com

DARK SHADOWS & BEYOND: THE JONATHAN FRID STORY is the first-ever, feature film-length documentary focusing on the Canadian-born, classically-trained actor who became a pop culture icon playing sympathetic vampire Barnabas Collins. His friends, colleagues and family remember Jonathan, who died in 2012, warmly and humorously.

The documentary is released on DVD and Blu-ray in addition to digital download by MPI on October 5.

Celebrate Halloween early with an hour-long live streaming discussion plus Q&A with original Dark Shadows actors sharing stories of co-star Jonathan Frid, who became a TV icon as vampire Barnabas Collins. Premiere highlights from the new documentary - to be released October 5 on DVD, Blu-ray and digital download - will be shown with rare footage! Email questions for the guests to: JonathanFridDoc@gmail.com

The film trailer may be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh_ssFFz3lI

MARCY ROBIN

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: ShadowGram Update #447 The Jonathan Frid Story Preview
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 01:53:07 PM »
Drats! I'll be working. Sounds marvelous though. Maybe I can get the library to order a copy of the DVD. Looking forward to reviews!

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2021, 09:27:25 PM »
Let’s hope that no online viewers ask the DS cast members if they recall any supernatural events occurring when they filmed a scene at the DS tv studio with the late, great Mr. Frid. [ghost_nowink] [ghost_azn]

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 02:37:01 PM »
Let’s hope that no online viewers ask the DS cast members if they recall any supernatural events occurring when they filmed a scene at the DS tv studio with the late, great Mr. Frid. [ghost_nowink] [ghost_azn]

I'll second that!
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 11:07:35 PM »
I see that MPI has sent out an e-mail alerting fans to this event. I received a copy about two and a half hours ago. Look for "Dark Shadows and Beyond - LIVESTREAM PREVIEW EVENT!" in your inbox. Nice graphics:

(Click here for a 1200X1193 version)