Author Topic: Series Daily Slideshow Went Poof  (Read 233 times)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Series Daily Slideshow Went Poof
« on: August 12, 2021, 01:23:42 AM »
Am I the only one having this problem?  I can't see the daily episodes slideshow starting on page 2 of Roberservations.  Just the first shot appears with no caption and no back and forth arrows leading to the next slide.

Gerard

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Series Daily Slideshow Went Poof
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 01:42:26 AM »
Oops - something must have happened when I added the NoDS slideshow to the Current Talk board - it did give me a small problem at first. I'm a bit too tired to deal with it right now, but I will definitely look into it tomorrow.

Honestly, I have no idea what might have happened. But I'm guessing it shouldn't be hard to fix (he said with hope) because the routines for both Robservations slideshows appear in multiple themes, not just this one...

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 02:19:00 PM »
It's fixed.

Now, the problem wasn't at all what I thought it might have been. No. What it was is that two lines of code, the ones that display the buttons to switch captures/descriptions, were completely missing from the routine that runs that slideshow. And what's even weirder is that they weren't even two consecutive lines of code because they're separated by three other lines. Just how those two lines disappeared is a complete mystery to me. Lines of code, particularly non-consecutive lines of code, should not just up and disappear!! But then, as Midnite and I have often said, sometimes it's as if this place is haunted. And as such, I've given up trying to fathom how these things happen.

But things are working again - and that's all that matters...

And thank you, Gerard, for pointing the problem out because sometimes weeks go by without me checking out that particular slideshow.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 02:20:44 AM »
Glad I could help, MB!  All that computer tech is so over my head.  I can turn it on and off and that's about it.

Gerard