Author Topic: Anne Rice's Mayfair Witches Series & Interview With the Vampire at AMC in 2022  (Read 4147 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
34 Books That Inspired TV Shows in 2022

"Some of 2022’s biggest shows are based on famous books, like ..., Anne Rice‘s Interview With the Vampire, ...

Looking ahead to December and 2023, there are a slew of exciting upcoming book adaptations coming to the small screen, like ... and Anne Rice’s Mayfair Witches."

Interview With the Vampire
Inspired: Interview With the Vampire on AMC, the first installment in the Anne Rice Immortal Universe

The Witching Hour: Lives of Mayfair Witches
Inspired: Anne Rice’s Mayfair Witches coming to AMC+ in January

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The 20 Best TV Episodes of 2022
These are the hours (and half-hours) we couldn't shake

11. "Like Angels Put in Hell by God," Interview with the Vampire
Interview with the Vampire begins and ends so strongly that there's a temptation to forget all the magic that came in the middle, but Season 1's penultimate episode is the one I keep returning to. Louis (Jacob Anderson) tells Daniel (Eric Bogosian) about the melancholy aftermath of surviving Lestat (Sam Reid) violently throwing him out of the sky, how a matured Claudia (Bailey Bass) cared for him, and how he eventually fell right back into his corrosive romance with Lestat. It's the easiest episode to point to when discussing what makes this show great, letting Anderson play an all new shade of Louis during a flashback to the '70s, allowing Reid to run wild with Lestat's sociopathic tendencies, and continuing the show's explorations of the manipulation of memory and fractured family politics. To put it plainly: Louis swam across the Mississippi River just to confront Lestat for writing him a ridiculous song and you expect us not to single out this episode? -Allison Picurro

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The 20 Best TV Shows of 2022
Get 'em while they're hot

6. Interview with the Vampire (AMC)
I want every show to be as audaciously unpredictable as Interview with the Vampire. Rolin Jones' delectable adaptation of Anne Rice's iconic novel is a work of bloody, campy, queer genius, a rollicking vampire story that uses its split timeline to ruminate on the slippery nature of memory and how people manipulate their own personal histories in order to protect themselves. Its beauty comes from its ability to strike a tricky balance between controlled chaos — Episode 1's vampiric church transformation scene comes to mind — and a deep emotional core, brought out by the love Louis (Jacob Anderson) has for Claudia (Bailey Bass) and, despite himself, Lestat (Sam Reid). Sometimes you get a perfect sight gag of two vampires sleeping in adjacent I Love Lucy-style coffins, and sometimes you get to hear the great Eric Bogosian deliver the most cutting TV line of the year in "Was it raining, Louis?" At no point in Interview with the Vampire's first season did I know what was coming next, down to its dizzying final moments that signal even better things to come. -Allison Picurro

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The 20 Best TV Performances of 2022
These stars held our attention

5. Jacob Anderson and Sam Reid, Interview with the Vampire
There's no separating Jacob Anderson and Sam Reid on this list because there's no separating Louis de Pointe du Lac and Lestat de Lioncourt, hard as Louis may claim to have tried. (Was it raining, Louis?) As the Louis of the past and the Louis of the present, Anderson essentially plays a dual role, one he imbues with acute pain and so much humanity, even as Louis fears he's losing his. Reid's Lestat is a scenery-chewing show pony, able to say more with a flick of his wrist or a tilt of his head than many actors can with an entire monologue. Their sizzling chemistry and wholehearted commitment to making Louis and Lestat's hell marriage as toxic as possible is what makes Interview with the Vampire work. Separately, Anderson and Reid are exemplary. Together, they're lightning in a bottle. -Allison Picurro

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
TVLine Items:

"* Anne Rice’s Mayfair Witches will now debut across all five of AMC Networks’ cable channels, with BBC America, IFC, SundanceTV and WEtv joining AMC and AMC+ for a world premiere event on Sunday, Jan. 8 at 9 pm."

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The 5 Best Shows of 2022 That I Didn't Have Time to Watch Because There Are Too Many Damn Shows
I couldn't stop watching these great shows until I did

Interview with the Vampire (AMC)
I watched a few advanced screeners of this and LOVED it. It's so good, and as a modern-day adaptation of Anne Rice's classic, it does a fantastic job of bringing in topical themes to a classic story, including race, sexuality, and identity. But I have no idea if it kept that up, because all the other fall shows came out and I fell so far behind on Interview with the Vampire that it felt like an insurmountable task to stay current on it, even though it's all I wanted to watch. Wait, it's only seven episodes long, and I still couldn't manage that? Is the finale out already? WHAT? It came out in mid-November? Please send help, all these shows I need to watch have corrupted my sense of time and space. I can't even remember what day it is anymore. Maybe I can pencil this one in somewhere between The Mandalorian Season 3 and the new Prime Video series Daisy Jones & The Six in early March. I think there's a free day there where nothing new has been scheduled... yet.