Author Topic: Separated at Birth: Charlize and Lara?  (Read 2155 times)

ClaudeNorth

Separated at Birth: Charlize and Lara?
« on: March 06, 2006, 05:57:39 AM »
Any other Oscar viewers out there think that Charlize Theron resembled Lara Parker?  I never saw a resemblance before, but with her upswept hairdo, Charlize was giving off an "Angelique vibe" tonight.

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
Re: Separated at Birth: Charlize and Lara?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 06:17:44 AM »
GMTA! I just logged on to the boards tonight before entering the realm of Morpheus to post that same thought! Now if we can convince someone like Tim Burton to do DS, Charlize would be THE choice for Angelique!
Michael
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 07:45:09 AM »
I never saw a resemblance before, but with her upswept hairdo, Charlize was giving off an "Angelique vibe" tonight.
It was definitely the hairdo, but I thought the same thing. I really need to get out of the house more.  ;D

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 04:11:42 PM »
Yep, I saw the resemblance too!!  I agree w/Cris, it was the hair!
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 12:51:42 AM »
When Michelle Phiffer was in What Lies Beneath, I thought she looked like she and Lara could be sisters.  Something in the eyes i think.
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 09:04:46 AM »
When I read these first two yesterday, I was thinking, "they're crazy!"  But, I happened to catch some highlights today and saw her again, and while I wouldn't have thought of it on my own, I can definitely see what you mean!  :)
Josette

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 01:34:09 AM »
i didn't watch the oscars but when i saw pictures of charlize in the papers the next day i totally see the resemblance.

i think it was the updo and witchy dior gown.also something about the eyes.

she would make a stunning angelique.it's fun to imagine the show cast with top-tier hollywood stars.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 01:53:35 AM »
I consider this thread to be a reasonable enough sampling of the public, and have to conclude that the entire world felt exactly the same way.   Or so it seems.   I thought the exact same thing.    I've been looking at facial features in case I'm ever stupid enough to draw some more.   I want to learn the components of expressions.    Well, LP is the only person I know to have at all times the raised fleshy cheeks that a person ordinarily has only when smiling.   She has them no matter what, even when she's outraged.  So she always looks a bit like she's smiling.   That's her big characteristic to me, so I'm guessing CT had that too.   I can't remember.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 02:13:24 AM »
Yes, there is something about the combination of the eyes and the cheekbones that give Theron and Parker a facial resemblance. But all one has to do is view Theron's performance in the film "Monster" to recognize that while Parker may be a talented actor, Theron is a brilliant one.  I consider it the single most disturbing film role I have ever watched.

If she played Angelique in a new version, she might actually even steal the show from the likes of Johnny Depp.
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 04:53:31 AM »
Yes, there is something about the combination of the eyes and the cheekbones that give Theron and Parker a facial resemblance. But all one has to do is view Theron's performance in the film "Monster" to recognize that while Parker may be a talented actor, Theron is a brilliant one.  I consider it the single most disturbing film role I have ever watched.

If she played Angelique in a new version, she might actually even steal the show from the likes of Johnny Depp.

And do so without having to be deglamorized.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 09:48:22 PM »
I missed all the statuette sweepstakes (no tm needed) coverage this year.  That's interesting about Theron's resemblance to Lara Parker.  I still have yet to see any of Theron's films.

G.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 01:36:33 AM »
That's interesting about Theron's resemblance to Lara Parker.  I still have yet to see any of Theron's films.

Me neither Gothick, but, I didn't realize I was watching her on "Arrested Development". Since I've seen that (and that's quite different than a 'Monster' or 'statuette',) I agree that there's some resemblance to L.P.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2006, 05:35:59 PM »
A weekly entertainment-oriented gossip column I read in one of the local gay papers reported in yesterday's installment that Charlize Theron is widely rumored to be the choice for the Dusty Springfield biopic project, now apparently helmed by Ang Lee.  Fans of the legendary British chanteuse will recall that Kristin Chenoweth was going to be starring as Dusty and was also listed as Exec Producer of the project.  I then heard a report last fall that the backers wanted Dusty's lesbian love life to be excised from the script.  Apparently Chenoweth is no longer associated with it, and with the names of Ang Lee and Ms. Theron being associated with it, it sounds as if it's heading for a much higher-end sort of deal.

I have strongly ambivalent feelings about the whole idea of making a movie about the life of Dusty Springfield in the first place, but people I respect have given Ms. Theron rave reviews in her performances, and of course Ang Lee's expertise as a director is well attested.

I often thought that Lara Parker was copying Dusty's look in the parts of DS set in the 1960s (when she was a blonde, obviously), so it may be that fans here who saw a resemblance actually saw Charlize Theron trying to suggest one of Lara Parker's own models.

Let's hope this "Son of a Preacher Man" doesn't turn out to be the latest by-blow from Reverend Trask!

cheers, G.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2006, 03:19:31 PM »
Just yesterday, my sister pointed out a shot of Charlize Theron at the Oscars (in a People magazine I believe) remarking how much she looked like "Angelique". To me, it was something about her mouth that resembled Lara Parker.  She would definately be my choice for the part if I were casting a remake.  Anyone who could play a serial killer so believably wouldn't have a problem portraying a witch who tosses a hex on an ex-lover.  >:D
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad