Author Topic: The Chilling Touch of Cold Steele  (Read 2554 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Re: The Chilling Touch of Cold Steele
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2006, 02:37:51 PM »
Count Gore is still at it actually!   He does a great weekly web program at www.countgore.com 
Well worth checking out.

PD!  You too!?  Hey thanks for the link, I'll have to bookmark that and check it out later when I have more time.  I did open the page and THERE HE IS!!  He hasn't changed a bit!  And speaking of "bits", he's got that cursed RUBBER CHICKEN again, LOL!!  I'll have to send the link to my brother who watched Saturday Chiller and Creature Feature w/me.  This brother btw, was banned from watching DS too, but as he was 3 years older than me (aka school aged) he'd go to a friends house after school to watch the show away from Mom's interferring grasp!  LOL!  Then he'd RUN home in the dark because he was CONVINCED the werewolf was gonna get him.  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2006, 09:39:50 PM »
I have a book on the history of horror TV hosts, and proudly have 6 signatures in it, including his, Zacherly, the Bowman Body, Dr. Madblood, Chilly Billy Cardille and Elvira. Would love to get Svengoolie.]

Oooh, I'd love to see that!  Where'd you buy it?   8)
The book is named Televison Horror Movie Hosts and is by Elena M. Watson, published by McFarland books, which specializes in niche movie subjects. They have a website and for that matter they are usually at the Williamsburg Va. film festival which is next week March 8-11 if you're in the area. (One of the interesting things about this year's show is that over half of the guests appeared on the original Twlight Zone, ie James Best, Beverly Garland and others.) Jerry Harrell aka Dr. Madblood told me a funny story that he was at the Museum of Broodcasting in NYC, saw several copies of the book there, and asked to sign them all. They let him.  ;) The book I believe is in its second edition. Its a lot of fun to read.
Michael
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2006, 10:59:46 PM »
what a looker...
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2006, 10:56:14 PM »
Definitely Buzz. he went by Count Gore DeVol actually. I have a book on the history of horror TV hosts, and proudly have 6 signatures in it, including his, Zacherly, the Bowman Body, Dr. Madblood, Chilly Billy Cardille and Elvira. [ghost]

AH Dr. Maximillian MadBlood brings back fond memories of living in the Tidewater regeion (Norfolk, VA) in the late '70s
Thanks Cyrus for that flash from the past!

LdyAnne

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2006, 06:44:51 PM »
Just in a funny set of coincidences, Dick Diesel aka Count Gore Devol was at the Williamsburg VA film festival on Friday, as he's a member of the "Solar Guard" which is the fan association for "Tom Corbett: Space Cadet". The original Tom Corbett, Frankie Thomas was there along with the original Roger Manning, Jan Merlin. Dr. Madblood had an informational table at the show, but he himself wasn't there that day. Then on Saturday, I ran into Bill Bowman, aka The Bowman Body at a Freemason's regional meeting on Saturday! I think we created a serious "Horror Host" vibe for me with this thread!   [frankie] [grim] [Ghost00] [_Vampire_]

Michael 
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2006, 07:39:50 PM »
A couple of horror-host sites I cannot recommend enough are...

E-Gor's Chamber of TV Horror Hosts - http://myweb.wvnet.edu/e-gor/tvhorrorhosts/ --This site features a comprehensive, alphabetical "encyclopedia" of horror-hosts from the 1950s to the present day.

The Horror-Host Underground - http://www.horrorhosts.com -- This site has listings for all the present-day horror hosts currently on the air.

As for Barbara Steele, I am planning to run "Nightmare Castle" on my show either this season or next.

~Penny Dreadful~

TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com