Author Topic: OT: Kate Jackson on Match Game  (Read 625 times)

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
OT: Kate Jackson on Match Game
« on: February 21, 2021, 06:32:16 PM »
Sorry for short notice but Kate Jackson is on Match Game on Buzzr now. 12:30pm. Her other shows might follow after.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: OT: Kate Jackson on Match Game
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 08:08:26 PM »
I have to thank you, patrick, for posting this. Even though I only caught the second half of it, that's more than I've ever seen of the ep before. As anyone who might watch BUZZR from time to time knows, they rarely show Match Game in order or even a week's worth of the same stars - they tend to play a few from a week and then jump somewhere else. Back in 2017 I'd managed to catch 4 out of the 5 eps from that week but never caught the 5th. Now at least I've seen some of it.  [snow_wink]  Maybe in another four years I'll manage to see the beginning...

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 08:56:22 PM »
Funny thing, we just got back Buzzr on our cable a couple weeks ago. It was dropped over a couple months ago when the signal switched over to the local Fox affiliate - which our cable didn't carry any of their sub channels. It was just a screen saying technical difficulties. Was supposed to be Byron Allen's The Grio Channel but I suppose either they couldnt work things out or they got blowback for dropping Buzzr. Either way, after losing Decades and Antenna TV, glad to salvage Buzzr.

You are right about their schedule though ... no real way to tell for sure until you watch enough shows to see a pattern. Their episode guide isnt much help. You might want to try tomorrow from 5-6 pm.  It will be 2 Match Game 76 episodes .. which might be the next 2 Kate Jackson episodes .. or maybe not.

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 06:02:53 PM »
MB, there is a chance Buzzr will be running Kate Jackson's Match Game episodes shortly. She did 2 weeks  - one from 75 and one from 76. These would be the first ones. They just started airing the week prior to her shows.  If the pattern continues, her shows would start Mon April 5 at 12 noon for 2 episodes a day Mon and Tues and 1 episode on Wed at noon.  3 possible monkey wrenches ...If they skip any of the prior week shows, that moves Kate's episodes to start on Friday ... also , they also run 2 episodes from 75 on Saturday from 3-4 pm. ( They could be repeats from the prior shows, unrelated shows from 75 or they start Kate's shows on Sat instead of Mon) or finally they may just change the pattern and skip around to other shows from 75. The buzzr program guide only specifies the program and from what year they are from. Not much help. Anyways, it's a possible heads up  [scratch]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 07:24:20 PM »
Thanks so much for the heads up.  [easter_smiley]  I'll keep a watch...

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 06:05:51 PM »
Well, the pattern has worked so far. They ran all 5 of the previous weeks episodes in order. So if it continues, Kate's episodes should start either Sat at 3pm or Mon at 12 noon.

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2021, 09:11:35 PM »
The 2 Saturday episodes were repeats from earlier in the week, so Kate's episodes should start Mon at noon.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2021, 10:27:57 PM »
We'll see.  [easter_wink]  Sometimes BUZZR is so unpredicable.  [easter_rolleyes]

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2021, 10:49:40 PM »
Being untrendy, I have no idea what these networks or whatever are, like Buzzr and Zippie and Whatsee and whatever.  I don't have things like "smart" TV's, phones, etc., to download all those "apps."  Even my computer ain't very smart.  And I consider a "stream" a small body of flowing water.

So, I decided to educate myself and look up "Buzzr" on-line.  I go to its website.  And, low and behold, I don't need smarts or apps or woops or doops or whatever to watch it.  I can watch it for free right on my computer.  All those fun game shows from the past, more than GSN!  I watched the "updated" Concentration with a dark-haired, moustached Alex Trebek (RIP) hosting.  What a riot!  I felt decades younger.  The best part are the prizes which were so "high-tech" back then and are now in attics or garbage dumps.  And how much they cost!

Gerard

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2021, 11:19:00 PM »
Gerard, the Trebek version was called Classic Concentration. For a hoot, check out their regular version of Concentration hosted by Jack Narz. It was a syndicated reboot of the original network version and boy, was it on a budget. Actual game prizes were Rice a Roni ...lol. The grand prize car was always the same ... because it was during the gas crisis,  it looked like a shipping box on wheels. I do hope someday they are able to obtain the original Hollywood Squares with Paul Lynde, Charlie Weaver and Wally Cox.

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2021, 04:59:34 PM »
Her episodes have started.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2021, 05:38:56 PM »
Great. I'm DVRing the show but I haven't checked it to see if she's on.

And again, thanks so much for the heads up on this, patrick.  [easter_smiley]  I haven't been paying attention to what shows might be on.

The interesting thing is I've noticed that her '76 shows have been on BUZZR several times, but I've never caught any of the ones from '75. Do you know if these are a fairly new acquisition (several months ago I'd read that BUZZR had gotten a new batch of shows from a few different years but it didn't say which years) or is it that my timing has always been off when I've checked in to see what was on?

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2021, 06:21:53 PM »
I haven't had Buzzr on our cable all that long - maybe like a year, so can't really say if these are new acquisitions.  I know they did add Match Game PM and Match Game/Hollywood Squares since we got Buzzr.  I know I have seen these before because I remember Gene calling her the new kid on the block and asking her what show she was on and it was The Rookies. But I'm thinking I saw them before on GSN. I really like Buzzr and unlike Decades, I'm glad we did get it back after losing it for around a month from our cable. I just really wish their program guide was a little more helpful.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2021, 01:20:28 AM »
Patrick, is that the old combo Match Game/Hollywood Squares show?  I recall very little about it because, if it's the one I'm thinking of it was simply dreadful.  Wasn't that annoying Sha-Na-Na Bowzer or Boozer or whatever guy the host?

Gerard

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2021, 02:56:18 AM »
Yes Gerard, that's the show. My first impression the times I watched the show originally was the same - it just felt forced and awkward. I do think however the show has aged better than I thought - even though Bowzer was goofy and annoying. Maybe I think that way because of what Alec Baldwin has done to Match Game ..lol. Anyway, it's shown 11am and repeated at 10 pm if you want to give it a look see.