Author Topic: Barnabas (Almost) Goes Austin Powers  (Read 804 times)

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Barnabas (Almost) Goes Austin Powers
« on: April 17, 2002, 09:56:56 PM »
Did anyone else catch that flub the other day when Barnabas talking to Ben at the Old House was saying something about finding my Josette and it came out more like MOJOsette? Oddly appropriate mistake considering the decade this was taped.  [sssh]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
Re: Barnabas (Almost) Goes Austin Powers
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2002, 03:15:35 AM »
Did anyone else catch that flub the other day when Barnabas talking to Ben at the Old House was saying something about finding my Josette and it came out more like MOJOsette? Oddly appropriate mistake considering the decade this was taped.  [sssh]

I didn't catch that - but I'm grateful that despite the clothing styles DS never dated itself even in the present day story lines by using 60's/70's slang words like "Groovy" or "Far Out."

Can't you just see Barnabas asking Maggie out on a date? "Do I make you horny, baby? Do I? Groovy baby, groovy."

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2002, 12:28:34 AM »
Hi Chris, Well, if stuff like that bothers you, you may want to stop watching the day Chris Pennock debuts in the Leviathan storyline (his debut episode aired in Jan. 1970, I believe).

There's actually a scene where he says to Barnabas, a propos of Maggie Evans:  "You DIG her, man!"

And then, one fateful day, BRUNO comes to town ... ah, the excitement!  His ranch poodle coat qualifies as an endangered species, and his hairdo may have been regarded as such an ecological disaster, it could have sparked the original Earth Day demonstrations!

Steve

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2002, 12:31:00 AM »
Hmm..."Barnabas Collins: International Man of Mystery" sorta does fit him since he has a mysterious past when he first comes to Collinwood, but can you imagine "Barnabas Collins and the Witch that Shagged Me"? That's a scary thought right there!

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2002, 12:41:40 AM »
Hi Chris, Well, if stuff like that bothers you, you may want to stop watching the day Chris Pennock debuts in the Leviathan storyline (his debut episode aired in Jan. 1970, I believe).

There's actually a scene where he says to Barnabas, a propos of Maggie Evans:  "You DIG her, man!"

And then, one fateful day, BRUNO comes to town ... ah, the excitement!  His ranch poodle coat qualifies as an endangered species, and his hairdo may have been regarded as such an ecological disaster, it could have sparked the original Earth Day demonstrations!

Steve

Hey Steve i actually miss Bruno he was a trip Man!
Heehee couldn't resist! ;D

jennifer

wait till he see Sebastian's clothes so Greg Brady when he was groovy! :o

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV