Author Topic: On Absent Friends  (Read 723 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
On Absent Friends
« on: January 16, 2021, 05:57:26 PM »
Hey, gang,

I just wanted to express my thanks to Midnite, MB and Dom for maintaining and moderating this outstanding web site for all of these years!  It provides all of the “Dark Shadows kiddies” (as the late, great Louis Edmonds once nicknamed us) a forum to discuss and exchange ideas on the world’s greatest Gothic soap opera ever.

And, during these seemingly unending months of COVID-created self-quarantine, The Dark Shadows Forums has been an oasis of joyful diversion for myself and I venture to say many of my DS “cousins.”  I am so glad to be able to read the postings of my fellow DS fans, such as Gerard, Uncle Roger, Gothick, Annie, Josette, Magnus Trask to name several great posters.

Still, I wish that so many of our other outstanding and long-too absent posters would check in occasionally.  I mean, much like the DS actors who reunited for that Halloween Zoom-cast on You Tube recently, I would greatly like to hear from such former DSF regulars as Birdie, Cassandra, CastleBee, Dr. Eric Lang, Jennifer, Raineypark and the irrepressible Ringo Collins to name but a few.  And, ProfStokes, I certainly include you on the list of superb DSF posters, and I see you log-on here from time to time, but I really wish that you would post with more of your insightful thoughts and comments.

Well, enough of my Ezra Braithwaite-like ramblings, I hope everyone is well, including you, MB, and we can put the utter lousiness of 2020 behind us all in 2021.

All the best,

Bob

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: On Absent Friends
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 09:37:45 PM »
Wow, Bob, so many names of our folk whom we haven't heard from in quite some time!  I, too, wish they would drop a line so we know all is going as best it can.

Gerard

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 09:42:40 PM »
The interesting thing is many members visit/read the forum but they do so as guests. And they rarely post. Why? Well, you'd have to ask them. But maybe this topic will encourage some to come out of the shadows...

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 10:01:26 PM »
Thanks for your kind mention, Bob. Moderating is a joy with our fine group of cousins here on the Forums. Having to read every post is at worst time consuming but not at all really and it's really fun and interesting and it is so cool to remain connected to something that brought me such joy from childhood. Being unofficially in charge of birthday greetings I see many familiar cousins profiles daily and see their distinct avatars and think back to their presence on the boards and smile
in remembrance. Glad you're still here contributing also.

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2021, 11:07:54 PM »
Hey Bob I agree I miss the other gang a lot. Thank you for posting this.
Take care Annie 😊
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2021, 01:59:06 AM »
I see several of them in different Facebook groups.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2021, 03:30:57 AM »
I remember when CastleBee was on the old AOL DS message board.  Those boards were far less moderated and a lotta stuff, from nasty to weird, would get posted.  There was this one guy who constantly posted on it (as well as other boards of various topics and interests) who believed the model Heidi Klum (sp?) was a messiah goddess and he was her prophet.  He would call her "Our Lady."  Geez, we never have any fun like that around here.

Gerard

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2021, 05:12:00 AM »
Well, Gerard, we did have this one guy on here who had this weird, May/December romantic obsession with Bathia Mapes.

(I wonder whatever happened to him?)  [snow_wink]

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2021, 02:28:19 AM »
Dom and Annie,

Thanks for the very kind words. Let’s hope that many of our missing “cousins” do drop by to discuss our favorite television show.

Bob