Author Topic: DS and The Missiles of October  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: DS and The Missiles of October
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2021, 07:22:57 PM »
Thanks, Bob and Midnite!  I can count my lucky stars:  while I remained asymptomatic and came through it with nary a scratch, five residents of where I now live did not make it.  It was bizarre watching this in a microcosm, in a constantly expanding isolation ward, where some, like me, didn't have so much as a sniffle, some had what appeared to be nothing more than an annoying cold, others had what simulated a bad flu, and then there were those bedridden and on oxygen. 

The worst part was that no one, among family and/or friends, were permitted to visit.  The ones who passed, did so alone with none of their loved ones and only caring staff by their side.  I was at least fortunate enough to zoom on a regular basis with friends.

Gerard

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2021, 04:07:10 AM »
For those who haven't seen it before, I see The Missiles of October will be airing on the Movies TV Network on Friday May 7th at 11:05 pm. I'm sure there will be additional showings.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2021, 05:38:44 PM »
I could have sworn I had access to that channel but apparently if I did, I don't any longer. Oh well...

But be that as it may, thanks patrick for sharing the info.  [easter_smiley]

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2021, 06:15:07 PM »
On our cable, it's clustered in with the other over the air digital channels like Buzzr, ME TV and Cozi. Perhaps you lost it like we did with Decades and Antenna TV when the corresponding local channel dropped it for something else. Even though it has commercials, I like the channel and watch it quite a bit.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2021, 06:47:43 PM »
It could be that I'm remembering having posted last June that hoDS and NoDS were going to be on MOVIES! in July. But I don't remember if I saw the listing on my DVR (in which case I would have had to have had access to the channel) or if I'd received a Google alert about it.

That being said, though, I remember watching a few movies on a channel and the thing I liked about the channel is that even though it had commercials, it didn't edit movies to fit a certain time frame. If, say, a movie ran longer than two hours because of commercials, the next movie the channel ran could start at ten past or twenty past the hour or even twenty of or ten of the hour. And I'd swear that channel was MOVIES! - but I definitely don't have access to it anymore.  [easter_sad]