Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0041  (Read 339 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0041
« on: December 31, 2020, 04:32:06 PM »
Robservations #41

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0041

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 05:02:22 PM »
While rereading the previous WP topic for this ep, I saw that there was much discussion about how Joe looks in his office scene. So, here's a much better capture of him than the one on the Games boards and in the Robservations:

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 01:16:45 AM »
This episode was written by Francis Swain. There is a noticeable change in the writing. The Voice over has Vickie referring to Collinwood as the only home she has ever known. Unless there has been a time shift, she has only been there for a few days in soap time. 
      Roger calls Sam again. Sam puts the phone down as Roger rambles unaware. Sam then tears up the sketch of Burke which is really quite good compared to some of his other work lying around.
      We learn Roger spent his inheritance and Elizabeth bought out his shares in the company.  This bit of backstory would have been good to know earlier. I’m guessing she gave him a “job” because of David. I’m surprised Roger hasn’t offered to sell David to her.  Elizabeth missing husband is called Paul. Elizabeth calls Joe wanting to see him. 
      Sam becomes enraged by Maggie’s prying. I was hoping that Sam would become more proactive after the phone incident with Roger. Roger goes to see what he told Bill and Sam goes to Collinwood to see Elizabeth.
I was surprised by the amount of actors in today’s show and how little they used Joe.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 10:55:01 PM »
Nice capture, MB. I forgot Joe took the office job. This was his promotion, correct?

This is a cross between a catchup, and a rinse and repeat episode. Again we get Roger and Liz's story (just more detail) and more of the same bullshit between Roger and Sam. And pretty much the same thing with Maggie and Sam.

I can't imagine why Sam has come to Collinwood. I'm sure Roger will be none too pleased when he learns of it.

I wonder if Frances Swain got chewed out by Dan Curtis for writing so many characters into one episode. It is a nice change of pace though.