Author Topic: I'm STUFFED! Eps 807-823  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
I'm STUFFED! Eps 807-823
« on: February 26, 2006, 12:26:37 AM »
I randomly popped in a tape...eps 807-823!! (Guess I forgot to change my tape). Interestingly, the commercials (which really are fun to occassionally watch) stated a sale for President's Day, which of course was just a few days ago!

The first 4 eps were very fast moving; [spoiler]JamesonisPetofi,[/spoiler] hand, hand, who's got the hand, Edward, Edward,
I love[spoiler]Louis as the 'man's man',[/spoiler]
I miss Joan Bennett. Then...someone mentioned Tim Shaw had come back to Collinsport...ugh!!! I then remembered who he was with....AAAAHHHHH!!!!

[spoiler]Funny, I hadn't really noticed PETOFI's inability for giving clear 'visions'; I vaguely remember the scene w/Barn seeing ?current (1969)? time, while PETOFI thinks Barn is seeing his own death.[/spoiler]
He gave Beth a perhaps clear vision, but then also boo-booed with [spoiler]Charity who then becomes PANSY!!!![/spoiler]
Poor Magda.... :'( Grayson really deserves kudos for her acting in this story arc.

Yes MB, your pal Roger Davis was in more than a few scenes...yes...he did try (and was successful) in touching hair....
[spoiler]Poor Barnabas...locked in the 'box'[/spoiler]
About half way through these eps, I realized I wasn't seeing TLATKLS; I also wondered if Olivia Harris was a knock-off....does anyone know? Because the way Olivia was dressed and hair coiffed, she did bear a resemblance to KLS.  Also sadly missing in these eps was Lara Parker (did I mention JOAN?  :'().

There were a couple of scenes with Denise Nickerson, which is always enjoyable. I like [spoiler]when Jamison is calling Nora Amy, and Nora is calling Jamison David, oyevah!!![/spoiler]
Actually, the first 2 eps (807/808?) I noticed that David Henessy seemed to be having trouble with his lines; he was stiffer than his normal self and seemed to be glancing at the teleprompter (IMHO).

So fun....

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: I'm STUFFED! Eps 807-823
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 09:17:44 PM »
the commercials (which really are fun to occassionally watch)

What's absolutely hysterically funny is to pop in tapes of DS on Sci-Fi from 1995 and to see the AOL ads. OMG, how far the Internet has come in the ensuing 11 years!! It's practically like seeing people from medieval times promoting how you too can learn the "science" of Alchemy.  ::)  [lghy]  Well, if they'd had cable TV back in medieval times.  [b003]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 09:31:43 PM »
Hi Patti, during that period, Miss Scott was off in Africa with future husband and business partner Ben on safari.  *cue soft music, voiceover: "I had a fahm in Afrwica..."

As for Joan Bennett, she took time off in 1969 to finish writing the book about her family, The Bennett Playbill, and I believe she did some theatre in ... Chicago, maybe? around that time.

I thought it was very interesting that they showed that Petofi was not as in control of his magical powers--or perhaps it was "the Will of the Hand" that was at issue--as he pretended.

Grayson as Magda just takes my breath away.  So many wonderful moments.

Best, Steve

Offline petofi

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • " Collinwood '68 - Fashions courtesy of Ohrbach's"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 09:57:49 PM »
I agree that both Grayson and Thayer were outstanding as Magda and Sandor.  They were among my favorite characters when these eps first aired!

Petofi