Author Topic: OT: Time Tunnel  (Read 531 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
OT: Time Tunnel
« on: October 28, 2020, 10:04:57 PM »
Evidently, back at some point earlier in the century, somebody had the idea to do a re-boot of THE TIME TUNNEL which was another show of the Sixties I used to watch religiously. Unlike DS, I didn't think it aged all that well, but periodically I'll get out an episode to visit again.

I was just cruising you tube and noticed that this pilot was uploaded at some point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mETHT5npqOI

Haven't watched but I am curious. The pilot obviously wasn't picked up by whoever commissioned it.

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: OT: Time Tunnel
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 10:30:58 PM »
I was a fan of The Time Tunnel when it was originally on. And I watched it again when MeTV ran it a few years ago. So, I'm quite curious to see how it was updated. Thanks so much for providing the link, Gothick.  [hall2_smiley]

The interesting thing is Irwin Allen had often said that TTT was his favorite of all the shows he'd created.

Back in 2016 I sort of tied TTT to DS:
DS and The Time Tunnel

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 11:35:43 PM »
Always a favorite of mine.   I was stunned a few years ago to find   out it wasn't a hit and wasn't much remembered...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 03:59:51 PM »
I had never heard of it until coming across a few episodes this past year on MeTV, late night. I thought it was really good and would watch more of the original episodes if I could. I think there were some historic events that were involved, which also happened on the original Dr. Who, which I also learned about only decades later! I don't think Dr Who, as a British show, ever aired in my part of the country, but I'm sure "The Time Tunnel" would have ...

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 08:23:12 PM »
I, too, grew up watching TTT and never missed an episode.  I was "amazed" at all those epic historical scenes when Doug and Tony ended up either on the Titanic or at Pearl Harbor, not knowing, of course, that those were all stock scenes from previous movies in the 20th Century library (or other studios).

I remember watching the reboot pilot on youtube some time ago.  I found it interesting with a story set during WWII, but beyond that I don't recall much so it couldn't have been that memorable.

Gerard