Author Topic: They're Here! Majestic Toys Dark Shadows figures are out!  (Read 2312 times)

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: They're Here! Majestic Toys Dark Shadows figures are out!
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2006, 02:44:32 PM »
i'd love to see figures of julia,vicki,liz etc...but i wonder if figures of the female characters will read more like "dolls" than "action figures" and be likely to turn off male toy collectors?

Speaking as someone who's talked to different male collectors (unfortunately there are more men in this hobby than women), I don't think it will turn them off.  People who collect Sideshow's 12 inch figures for an example - many collect a specific line and will generally get all the figures in the line, or figures of the main characters. For Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy was the first figure they made (they've also made a few other versions of her), and they've made other female characters on the show. A lot of Star Wars fans are looking forward to Leia being released, etc..... If the females are main characters, most collectors want to see them released. A couple of people I talked to about the DS figures mentioned wanting Angelique & Josette to go with Barnabas.

PennyDreadful - I just looked at the nose and noticed that. It does look weird. My 'weird' moment with these is my Quentin's sculpt. I saw a picture of someone else's out of the box and the eyes seemed different than mine, which is unusual because 9/10 times there aren't any variations.

Jennifer - Online action figure stores, and ebay would probably be your best bets. :)

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2006, 03:24:26 PM »
 Jennifer  I got mine at www.wickedcollectibles.com.  They are also available at www.monstersinmotion.com.
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2006, 06:40:02 PM »
does anyone know if they will be available at the fest this year?is there a link i can go to for information?

i'd love to see figures of julia,vicki,liz etc...but i wonder if figures of the female characters will read more like "dolls" than "action figures" and be likely to turn off male toy collectors?
The last news I got from Majestic is that they do plan to be at the DS Festival in August. I would say that would be the best market they could attend for their line, with the possible exception of Chiller.
      As a male collector, I am thrilled when they do the female figures, for example in my collection I have Zira and Nova from Planet of the Apes, Anna Valerious from Van Helsing, and while I'm not collecting the Buffy line, I got Drusilla as I thought she would look cool next to my Lugosi Dracula. Majestic did both Lily and Marilyn in their Munsters line. I don't see any real issues with them creating figures for Angelique, Josette or Julia as long as Barnabas and Quentin do good business.
Michael  (talking GI Joe command  "Let's make camp...here...auuughhh vampires!!!!")  ;)
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2006, 06:54:21 PM »
I love Drusilla. She's probably my favorite female figure in my collection. I have her and Buffy standing with Spike and Angel and Dracula.  And Scully, of course, is with Mulder.  :)

That's cool that Majestic is going to be at the fest....I hope we get an anouncement about the second series.