Poll

Which of the following would scare you the most?

Being menaced by the vampire bat.
1 (8.3%)
Being menaced by the werewolf.
5 (41.7%)
Being menaced  by the giant spider of Mr. Best's domain (the one that menaced Amanda Harris when she got caught in its web).
3 (25%)
Being menaced by the Leviathan monster.
1 (8.3%)
Being menaced by Gerard's zombie army.
1 (8.3%)
Other (please name in topic replies)
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: February 25, 2006, 09:29:25 PM

Author Topic: Close encounters of the scary kind  (Read 1928 times)

Offline TNickey2003

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Close encounters of the scary kind
« on: February 11, 2006, 05:24:00 PM »
New poll for DS forums. Unfortunately the Add option button wasn't working when I created this poll so I couldn't add 'other' to the list of options (Error message javascript add poll option void). If you can think of any other DS menaces as scary as or scarier than those listed, describe them in the topic replies.
Alex adores Maggie Evans

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Close encounters of the scary kind
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 09:33:00 PM »
The "Add Option" link is working fine, and as no one has yet made an "other" selection, I've taken the liberty of adding an Other option to the poll using the wording you've used in some of your previous polls.  :)

Offline TNickey2003

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 01:37:27 AM »
Thank you. For some reason it wouldn't work when I was creating the poll.

The "Add Option" link is working fine, and as no one has yet made an "other" selection, I've taken the liberty of adding an Other option to the poll using the wording you've used in some of your previous polls.  :)
Alex adores Maggie Evans

Offline stefan

• Full Poster
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 03:57:29 PM »
I voted for other. Working in New York City scares me, by far, the most. Sorry, never thought DS was that scary.  : )

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 07:29:22 PM »
Hmmm, being menaced by a werewolf would be damn freaky in my honest opinion. I also voted for the giant spider, because big spiders make me run (little ones I can handle, I'm talking about spiders so big you can see their eyes from across the room).

Zombies I have to say don't spook me, because they usually shuffle along and unless you're an idiot you could probably get away from them, unless they swarm you or unless they're the scary-ass FAST zombies, like from 28 days later.

Other? Maybe ghosts? Ghosts that look like corpses? Ghosts like the Mother in Ju-On (the Grudge)?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 06:07:02 PM »
Zombies may seem to move slowly but clearly they can catch up with and overwhelm anybody, so that in itself is creepy.    Zombies are so disturbing just to see that they're tops in my book, my book of things I run away from while waving my arms in the air and screaming like a sissy.      Note though how Jebez's zombie army gets overlooked.     Did they have two zombie attacks on Collinwood in the same year?    What are the odds, huh?    I wonder if that made it into the Collins 1970 Xmas card, where they list family events for the year....

I am utterly unperturbed by the thought of being attacked by that pipsqueak of a werewolf we always saw.     Quentin seemed to lose a foot of height every time he transformed.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 06:22:00 PM »
Did they have two zombie attacks on Collinwood in the same year?    What are the odds, huh?    I wonder if that made it into the Collins 1970 Xmas card, where they list family events for the year....

ROTFLMAOPIMP!!!!!!!!!!   [laughing4] [stfl]  Can't you just see an 'End of Year Update Letter' from Liz to friends and other Collins family members scattered afar from Collinwood.   ;D

I am utterly unperturbed by the thought of being attacked by that pipsqueak of a werewolf we always saw.     Quentin seemed to lose a foot of height every time he transformed.

As great a stuntman as Alex Stevens was, it's unfortunate that he was WAY shorter than Selby.   ???
================
Somehow I missed this poll.  I'd pick spiders, all kinds, shapes and sizes.  I take NO prisoners if one gets into my house!  Ghosts scare me too.  Seaview is HELLA haunted and very creepy at night!   :o
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 08:20:21 PM »
If it was actually living and looked real, the giant spider. Bugs. I'm just not fond of them, especially after living in an old house in a tiny town in the south. We had bats there too. One stayed and used to hang on our attic window. They don't scare me.  The bugs? *shudders* They were everywhere....  :-X

Honestly, I thought Quentin's ghost was pretty scary, but I also tend to be fascinated by ghosts, spirits, etc.... I'm the kind of person who, if you told me a house was haunted and not to spend the night in it, I would and wait to see something.  :)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 09:26:50 AM »
ROTFLMAOPIMP!!!!!!!!!!   [laughing4] [stfl]  Can't you just see an 'End of Year Update Letter' from Liz to friends and other Collins family members scattered afar from Collinwood.

POSTHUMOUSLY!   The Estate of Elizabeth Collins Stoddard would like to wish you a Merry Christmas, and inform you of certain important changes that have happened for the family over this year of 1970....  well, first of all, we left the screen door open and zombies got in....  (Joke stolen-- the last bit--  from cartoonist JP Morgan, from something he did about 20 years ago.)    Just send me the laundry bill.

Somehow I'd missed this poll. I'd pick spiders, all kinds, shapes and sizes.  I take NO prisoners if one gets into my house!  Ghosts scare me too.  Seaview is HELLA haunted and very creepy at night!

Yeah, submarines scare me, too...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 06:00:41 PM »
Yeah, submarines scare me, too...

Oh dear goddess.....the IDEA of submarines makes me panic.  If I were Dante, the last ring of hell would be a submarine!

I can't even look at the closed caskets on DS for long. [haironend]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2006, 08:33:50 PM »
Maybe I'm slow today, but I can't figure out how to vote - there's nothing to click on.  [hdscrt]

Anyway, the spider I guess.  Any kind of insects send me into hysteria.
ALSO....I'd vote for "Other" - DEAD GRANDMAMA in her coffin, smiling with her eyes open.  Oh my God.  THAT got me more than anything else in the history of DS.

Shivering at the thought,
-CLC
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2006, 09:06:19 PM »
Maybe I'm slow today, but I can't figure out how to vote - there's nothing to click on.  [hdscrt]

Voting closed: February 25, 2006, 08:29:25 pm
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2006, 10:29:07 PM »
ALSO....I'd vote for "Other" - DEAD GRANDMAMA in her coffin, smiling with her eyes open.  Oh my God.  THAT got me more than anything else in the history of DS.

I had voted for the werewolf but I'm with you, Connie.  Smiling dead grandmamama would give me a heart attack [a345]
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2006, 11:25:37 PM »
I honestly think the Leviathan monster is pretty scary because its whatever you imagine it to be, your worst fear. So it for me probably has a big cobra head on a pseudo-human body and all drippy and scaly. Like Indiana Jones, "Snakes, it had to be snakes", they can really quake me.
Michael  [eek]

Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2006, 08:24:41 PM »
Anyway, the spider I guess.  Any kind of insects send me into hysteria.

AUGH! I totally forgot about that. OK, let me add corpses opening their eyes and smiling at you to my list of things that scare me.