Author Topic: Grayson Hall Biography: Possible Fest Programming Segment?  (Read 2999 times)

ClaudeNorth

Grayson Hall Biography: Possible Fest Programming Segment?
« on: February 04, 2006, 12:09:40 AM »
Our very own Julia99 is finishing up her biography of Grayson Hall (Grayson Hall:  A Woman's Face for an August 2006 release.  The book will be available for purchase at the Fest in August, but I feel that such a project is worthy of a Q&A session/panel discussion.

Previous Fests have included programming to DS-related publications, most recently the biography of the Bennett family.  I'm sure that many fans would enjoy a presentation devoted to Grayson.  Perhaps if we express an interest here, then the Fest programmers will take note and devote a block of time on the schedule to this project.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Grayson Hall Biography: Possible Fest Programming Segment?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 02:45:20 AM »
Excellent! I'm all for it. What a lovely tribute to such a fine actress!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 05:13:54 AM »
Hear, hear! The Grayson biography deserves its own segment. Would it be kosher to actually write a letter to Jim Pierson, Marcy Robin and company (those in charge of running the fest) and personally request the inclusion of such? Grayson has a legion.... the letters would pour in...

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 06:30:13 AM »
Now that is a great suggestion! I am SO there.  :D  :-*

I'd write as many letters as I can, or whatever it would take, regardless if I can make it to the fest or not... :-*

The bio more than deserves a little moment in the sun, IMO.   8)

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 07:00:19 AM »
I'm not a big Grayson Hall fan, but I'll always vote for anything that involves fans and/or actors on stage discussing or presenting new projects or attempts to restore original material.

And if it keeps Diana Millay from telling her story about spending the night at Lyndhurst for the third or fourth time, then I might even wear a button or carry a sign to support the cause.  ;D

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 12:15:52 AM »
And how about some Grayson video?  I've recorded her Girl From U.N.C.L.E. off cable, and with her Night Gallery appearance on DVD, it would be nice to show those appearances during the fest.  Also, we must acknowledge the past two decades without our girl.  BTW, will the book have photos?  Is there a website for the book?

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 12:22:24 AM »
Who's publishing the book?  How would someone get ahold of a copy if they weren't going to make it to the Fest?

-Inquiring mind
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006, 03:10:11 AM »
Who's publishing the book?  How would someone get ahold of a copy if they weren't going to make it to the Fest?

-Inquiring mind

Thanks J-C for promoting this idea.  I would be happy to try and pull something together if there is sufficient interest.

Connie--the book will be available on amazon and barnes and noble's online stores--I will make an announcement here as well.

And Yes Charles there will be pictures, a lot of never seen before.

But as to showing the programs you mentioned, since the DSFest is a 'for profit' (cough cough) production, I think we'd need permission to show those or pay a royalty.  Perhaps clips might be okay but not entire episodes--I will check with my legal advisor if a panel in anyway forms.

Personally, I think it would be a riot to show Grayson and Stacey Keach's sex scene from End of the Road.. the dropped open mouths of the innocent DSfans would send me into giggles for years. :o

you can read about the book at www.rjjamison.com  under Nonfiction-Grayson Hall Bio Project.
Julia99

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 03:29:05 AM »
I would love to see a panel honoring Grayson Hall at the 40th anniversary Dark Shadows Festival!

I look forward to the author receiving a standing ovation for her hard work and dedication to this project! Let's hear it for RJ!

I agree that a selection of clips would be more appropriate than screening entire episodes.

It goes without saying that if there's anything I can do to assist, I rely upon you to say the word!

Best, Steve

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 03:57:55 PM »
And if it keeps Diana Millay from telling her story about spending the night at Lyndhurst for the third or fourth time, then I might even wear a button or carry a sign to support the cause.  ;D

I rest my case!!!   [laughing4] [stfl]  Either that or the story of how she's ACTUALLY a Phoenix.   [laughing7]

I too would ACTUALLY show up for something Fest related for something like this.  Unfortunately though, it seems to me, that if the idea DIDN'T originate w/anyone on the Fest Committee, it AIN'T gonna happen.  That said, I would sign any petition to try anyway.  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2006, 04:11:56 PM »
Me too.  I would try my damnest to show up for that.
A Celebration of Grayson Hall - with a panel and all sorts of clips from the show, movies, and anything else they could get their hands on.  Really nice if Matt Hall were there.  (Sam too of course)
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline FireRose

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2006, 11:51:06 AM »
Connie--the book will be available on amazon and barnes and noble's online stores--I will make an announcement here as well.

And Yes Charles there will be pictures, a lot of never seen before.

But as to showing the programs you mentioned, since the DSFest is a 'for profit' (cough cough) production, I think we'd need permission to show those or pay a royalty.  Perhaps clips might be okay but not entire episodes--I will check with my legal advisor if a panel in anyway forms.

Personally, I think it would be a riot to show Grayson and Stacey Keach's sex scene from End of the Road.. the dropped open mouths of the innocent DSfans would send me into giggles for years. :o

I would love to get a copy of this book, but with out a credit card or a paypal account. I don't know that amazon and barnes and noble's online stores is going to help me any.

I've seen End of the Road.

Grayson and Stacy's scene was pretty hot. Too bad they didn't develop that story abit more between their character's. Also it is too bad they cut the scene she did the movie for.

They could have kept her scenes and cut the scene of the naked man and the chicken. I'll leave it at that.

FireRose

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2006, 02:39:11 AM »
It will be available at the Fest. .you can pay in cash.
Julia99

Offline FireRose

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2006, 08:56:26 PM »
It will be available at the Fest. .you can pay in cash.

That will work if I can actually make the festival. If not, is it possible to order a copy directly from the publisher?

FireRose

Offline D_Friedlander

• Full Poster
  • The REAL Wyndcliffe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2006, 04:50:16 AM »

Honey, if they (and their KIDS  ::) )could survive being shown the trailer for Robert Rodan's immortal "THE VIXEN" and the drug "org-gy" sequence featuring Dennis Patrick from "JOE" and Chris Pennock's appearance in a sex farce back in the 1980s (it looked like to me) then I think they might be able to deal with it...Or is it any worse that THOSE? :o
"HISTORY IS ULTIMATELY AN INVENTORY OF GHOSTS."-----
GUILLERMO DEL TORO