Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0029  (Read 384 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0029
« on: June 19, 2020, 07:52:30 PM »
Robservations #29

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0029

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 03:19:17 AM »
Carolyn returns from looking for David and chats with her mother in the drawing room. Carolyn has the anti-David side and Elizabeth the pro-David side. David shows up in Burke’s room and they have a nice chat which reveals more to the events of 10 years ago. Mainly that Burke and his parents were all pals back then. David hides the bleeder valve under the sofa cushion. He’s really quite a bright boy for nine.

Elizabeth blames  Vickie for driving David away. Which is true. Vickie acted like a childish older sister.  She has supposedly been teaching orphans in New York and grew up there. She should have more sense to deal with a troubled child.  Carolyn goes to chat with the sullen governess who can’t seem to let it go. Carolyn says a storm is coming. Vickie’s first. Carolyn talks about power failing as the wind whistles from the open window.

Maggie calls and says she saw David. Elizabeth sends CaroLyn into town and then goes to apologize to Vickie.
In town Burke pulls the valve from the sofa when he sends David to the bathroom.  The dramatic end.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 05:01:28 PM »
I'm so happy Liz is coming around. And that she apologized to Vicki. I'm being much to impatient. Her love for the boy is quite evident and heartbreaking.

I enjoyed this episode. I like when things get personal at Collinwood, or personal period. A lot of good one on one scenes today. I enjoyed Burke's interaction with David. I want to like Burke. I know he's not an attempted murderer. I should dislike him for wanting to ruin the Collins family but I think my fondness for the family comes from knowing them from repeated viewings, so at times the familiarity kind of clouds things up for me. I'm not sure I should even be invested in the family yet. Roger and David are the only bad eggs, really. I am wondering though how much of Burke's kindness to David was just an attempt to gain his trust (like he did with Carolyn) so he could get to the bleeder valve, at this stage of the game anyway. It's cool getting Burke's memories on how things were ten years ago. And David's memories of his parents as well. I think they're laying the foundation for David possibly being Burke's son. But let's face it, David is a chip off the old Roger Collins block. Though a case could be made for nurture over nature.

I guess there is no Old House yet, otherwise Carolyn would have reported going there in search of David. Out of concern, Maggie calls the house to inform Liz about David. It is true as previously noted that Maggie's edges are being softened. I expect Liz to tear into Roger about not informing her that David had been seen at the diner. Also, his not searching for him once he knew he was in town (especially with a storm approaching).

Is David schizophrenic or does he have a split personality, or maybe he's bipolar? He definitely has a problem if he can have a happy conversation and plant evidence to send an innocent man to jail in the same breath. He's certainly not thinking things through because planting the valve after being accused of having it isn't the smarter move. He should have gotten rid of it, leaving it be his word against Vicki's. He knew Carter was going to search the place. I guess there was no way of his knowing whether the place had been searched or not, though it is late and getting dark. He's is definitely not a likeable character.

I agree that Vicki handled the situation terribly though I hadn't  thought about it. She really should have know better. The only thing I can give her is that she was shocked beyond reason.

We, as well as Vicki, are going to be treated to our first storm at Collinwood, our first of many to come.