Author Topic: Roger Davis to appear at Burbank area autograph show  (Read 595 times)

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
Roger Davis to appear at Burbank area autograph show
« on: January 16, 2006, 06:45:18 PM »
For Roger's fans, most especially those of "Alias Smith and Jones", here's good news. Roger AND Ben Murphy will be making their first fan convention ever appearence together (So it says, and I have never heard otherwise) on the weekend of January 27 and 28th at the Hollywood Collector's show at the Burbank Airport Hilton. They will appear along with Ms. Joanne Bagwell, author of the book "Alias Smith & Jones: The Story of Two Pretty Good Bad Men." (The site bio does mention Roger was on DS as well as in "House of Dark Shadows")
      Diane and I went over to the show, which they hold about 4-5 times a year, on Saturday morning when at the Hollywood DS show last summer. Its a very nice show, with a huge dealer's room with the many guests at tables pretty much at the center and front. Its about $25 to get in and be aware everyone will charge for autographs, ususally $15 to $25 depening on what you're getting signed. Nonetheless, its usually an impressive line up of TV and film stars. We met last summer, among others, Shirley Jones, Mickey Rooney, the late Tommy "Butch" Bond, Alan Young and George Lazenby. This month's show also features Richard Chamberlain, Dennis Hopper, Dean Stockwell, Russ Tamblyn (ok David Lynch fans...)a "Batman" cast reunion, Tab Hunter, Richard Anderson, and from Dan Curtis's "Frankenstein", Bo Svenson and lots more.
     Here's a link   http://www.hollywoodcollectorshow.com/Burbank.htm

Maybe if I win the scratch off tickets, I can go too!. Have fun west coasters!

Michael  ;)

Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Roger Davis to appear at Burbank area autograph show
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 06:59:24 PM »
Thanks for letting us know, Michael!  Jayne Meadows will be there on Friday, btw, signing copies of Ben's book.

(Russ Tamblyn, woo!)