Author Topic: Supernatural/DC Connection  (Read 827 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Supernatural/DC Connection
« on: January 15, 2006, 09:49:52 PM »
Probably because I don't really watch the WB's Supernatural (though an alert to Buffy/Angel fans: Julie "Darla" Benz will be guest starring in the 01/17 episode), I didn't put together this Supernatural/DC connection:

[Veteran television producer Robert] Singer brings to the series a resume that perfectly suits the genre. He cut his teeth on a 1973 adaptation of Dracula with director Dan Curtis, best known for the 1960s spook opera Dark Shadows. The pair followed Dracula with a string of unremarkable genre films including The Night Strangler (1973), Scream of the Wolf (1974) and Burnt Offerings (1976). Alone, Singer later produced several television hits, including the big-budget miniseries V, its sequel V: The Final Battle (both 1984) and Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman (1993).

And it took an article from, of all places, Australia's The Sydney Morning Herald to point it out to me. But then, I'll confess that I don't really read many articles about Supernatural either.  ;)  However, those of you who do regularly watch/enjoy the show might want to check out: Children of the damned

Offline nedstuart

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural/DC Connection
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 08:58:19 PM »
I had no idea that producer  Rober Singer who produces The WB's Supernatural worked with Dan Curtis. I have been watching Supernatural since day one and really enjoy it. I am glad to hear that Julie Benz will be dropping by this week. I got to meet her at the Motor City Comic Con in Novi MI in April 2004. She is a very nice person. I also got to meet her co-star from Satan's School For Girls, Kate Jackson at that same event. Kate is a sweetie, she was so fun to talk to. I just wish she would someday make it to a convention. Would love to get my picture with her and David Selby all together.

Thanks for sharing the info MB.

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 06:02:19 PM »
Interesting connectiion. :) Supernatural is an absolute must see for me every week. I love seeing what they come up with.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 05:12:34 PM »
Interesting.  I thought both Night Strangler (which I personally prefer to the first movie) and Burnt Offerings were well crafted, fine films, though of course each is very different from the other.  The evil chauffeur in Offerings gave me genuine creeps, and I'm a hard sell when it comes to that sort of thing.

I tried watching a bit of Supernatural--didn't work for me.  I think I am the wrong age and cultural background for the series.

G.