Poll

How many times have you watched the entire run of DS?

less than once
twice
three times
four times
five times
six times
seven times
eight times
nine times
ten times
more than ten times
more than twenty times

Author Topic: How many times have you watched the entire run of DS?  (Read 4092 times)

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
Re: How many times have you watched the entire run of DS?
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2006, 06:08:17 AM »
As much of a Dark Shadows fan as I am - and I watch at least one episode every day - I've never actually seen the entire run of the show all the way thru once.  I saw the show occasionally during the original run when I was a kid, but only remember seeing Leviathan, PT1970 and 1840's episodes.

Rediscovered the show during one of SciFi's airings about mid 1999 - they were on the Chris Jennings/Haunting of Quentin eps, and I watched it to the end.  Was SO thrilled when they started over from episode one - I'd never seen the pre-Barnabas stuff before.  Can't tell you how disappointed I was when the bastards ended the run just before the actual end of the series.

Am pretty much sure I'll eventually own the whole thing on DVD.  It may take me the rest of my life... ^-^
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Willie

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2006, 03:20:00 PM »
That was the 1841PT storyline, the last one on DS. I still need to see that one. :(

Thanks Ian, I've been wondering about that for a long timeĀ  ;D

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2006, 03:56:53 PM »
Try this on for size. My younger brother (by a year and a half) had some friends over:

Friend: Can I use your telephone?

Brother: Sure. *points at rotary phone*

Friend: What's that?

*dies*

Had a similar experience w/my niece, who is now 18, when she was like 12.  She noticed a rotary phone at my mom's, asked what it was, and when I told her she asked me to show her how it worked!  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2006, 04:49:12 PM »
I still have a rotary phone in my house.  It's in the laundry area.  Because as sure as the sun rises in the East, when I'm halfway down the staircase to the basement, carrying a basket of laundry in my arms, the phone will ring.... ::)

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2006, 02:14:05 AM »
How many times did it play (or replay) on Sci-Fi?  Was it four?  Five?  Well, however many times that was, take that number, add it to the original run, and then tack on another half when I watched it in bits and pieces throughout the eighties when it ran syndicated on local stations, and there you have it for me.  So we're talking maybe 5.5 to 6.5 times.

Gerard

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2006, 09:46:23 PM »
How many times did it play (or replay) on Sci-Fi?  Was it four?  Five?

Sci-Fi had four runs of DS - though *maybe* one of them was all the way through (well, with the one exception of Ep #1219 because it's missing). The first two runs, which ran between '92 and '97, skipped some of the pre-Barn eps. I didn't watch it, but I *think* they finally included those eps during the '99-'01 third run. And then the final '01-'03 run ended before completing the series.

Even though they started with Ep #189 and then ran Eps #1-#188 after Ep #1245, I count the '99-'01 third run as a complete run because that's the way Sci-Fi considered it. But if we want to consider a complete run one that goes from Ep #1 through Ep #1245, with only Ep #1219 missing, well, then I suppose we could say that Sci-Fi never actually did that.  ;)

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2006, 11:37:09 PM »
Don't get me started on obsolete technology. My daughter has a radio show that I tape off air so I can send it to her Grandmother.  This week I ran out of casette tapes.  I had to ask NINE employees of the local "Best Buy" where the packages of blank casette tapes were before I found them.  I'm pretty sure 3 of them didn't know WHAT they were, never mind WHERE they were..... ::)
Slightly off topic, but I have a few great stories on Best Buy. When I went in to buy "A Man for All Seasons" for Diane, (these situations always seem to happen when I try to buy for my wife) I asked the cleark if he could check to see if it was out on DVD yet. He asked, "The one with Burt Reynolds?" I withheld from asking if Burt played Henry the VIII or Sir Thomas More in the listing. When "It Takes a Thief" came out, they stated they had a copy but hadn't been able to find it, to which the sales person noted, "We really ought to have that one, beacuse I hear this guy Hitchcock is important and pretty popular." When I tried to pick up "It Happened One Night" as a new release, the sales guy stated "Never heard of it." I told him it won the Oscar for best picture, best actor and best actress , and he replied, "Recently?!?!" Lastly, when I went to pick up "Its a Mad Mad Mad World', again, I got, "Never heard of it" Followed by, "So who's in that one."  [5393] I guess if any of these had X Box games spun off, then they would have heard of them.
Michael
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2006, 03:39:22 PM »
Slightly off topic, but I have a few great stories on Best Buy. When I went in to buy "A Man for All Seasons" for Diane, (these situations always seem to happen when I try to buy for my wife) I asked the cleark if he could check to see if it was out on DVD yet. He asked, "The one with Burt Reynolds?" I withheld from asking if Burt played Henry the VIII or Sir Thomas More in the listing. When "It Takes a Thief" came out, they stated they had a copy but hadn't been able to find it, to which the sales person noted, "We really ought to have that one, beacuse I hear this guy Hitchcock is important and pretty popular." When I tried to pick up "It Happened One Night" as a new release, the sales guy stated "Never heard of it." I told him it won the Oscar for best picture, best actor and best actress , and he replied, "Recently?!?!" Lastly, when I went to pick up "Its a Mad Mad Mad World', again, I got, "Never heard of it" Followed by, "So who's in that one."  [5393] I guess if any of these had X Box games spun off, then they would have heard of them.
Michael

ROTFLMAOPIMP!!!!   Ah....*youth*!  I remember it well.   8)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"