Author Topic: DARK SHADOWS PAPERBACK LIBRARY NOVEL VOL 09 FOES BARNABAS COLLINS  (Read 487 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
DARK SHADOWS PAPERBACK LIBRARY NOVEL VOL 09 FOES BARNABAS COLLINS

Who knows why it says "Foes" when "The Foe of" is clearly on the cover?  [snow_huh]

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: DARK SHADOWS PAPERBACK LIBRARY NOVEL VOL 09 FOES BARNABAS COLLINS
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 01:54:05 AM »
Of all of Ross' unique variations on established DS canon, this struck me as one of the most bizarre. He transplants contemporary character Chris Jennings into another era. While the program presented Chris as the victim of a curse, Ross made him some sort of cultish who seems to control his transformation through a wolf fur garment. Chris is disposed of by the end of the book but is still around to be referred to as Amy's brother a few books later.
Angelique makes her only appearance in the series and decides to torment Barnabas by looking exactly the way that she did in Martinique. Olive skin. Raven hair. Yeah, that just screams Lara Parker and proves that Ross never watched the show.
Then there's Josette who makes a series of appearances as a glowing blue light. Josette's appearances in the Barnabas era were infrequent but usually when Barnabas was in danger. She didn't seem to bother with the supporting players.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: DARK SHADOWS PAPERBACK LIBRARY NOVEL VOL 09 FOES BARNABAS COLLINS
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 05:07:15 AM »
I can't really remember any plot details (or really, any broad generalities!) since reading these books some 50 (!) years ago. At any rate, I wonder if it would help to consider each book as taking place in its own time band--a "parallel time" different from all the others.