Author Topic: Julia at the Blue Whale  (Read 1560 times)

ClaudeNorth

Julia at the Blue Whale
« on: January 12, 2006, 04:50:36 PM »
Last night, I dreamed that I was watching an episode of DS in which Julia went to the Blue Whale and ordered the "assorted toast platter."  The waiter(?!!) brought her a variety of toast points, melba toast slices, and pumpernickel rounds arranged on a silver tray.

Now I'm trying to remember if Julia was ever in the Blue Whale.  I don't recall her being there, but perhaps someone here might be able to remember. 

Offline Bette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
Re: Julia at the Blue Whale
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 05:55:05 PM »
First of all, that is one hysterical dream. Had me laughing out loud at the toast points.  [laughing1]

Yes, Julia visited the Blue Whale at least once. During the Leviathans, she and Quentin went in looking for Barnabas, [spoiler]who had just been turned into a vampire once again, and found him chatting up Buffy.[/spoiler]Julia and Quentin went over to the bar and when Quentin asked her what she was having, she responded "toast points" er, that is, "anything."

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 09:38:01 PM »
Jean-Claude baby, what a rockin' dream!  I wonder whether the "toast points platter" comes with a tweed garnish.

Only scene I remember where Julia went to the Blue Whale was the one Bette mentioned.  There's a hilarious scene where Darryl Schaffer as Julia visits the BW in one of the Cheep Productions fan videos that have been shown at the Festivals.  The producers cleverly intercut Darryl-as-Julia with actual footage from a 1967 episode of DS set in the bar.

G.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 04:38:26 AM »
Elizabeth and David seemed to be the only present time characters never to be in the Blue Whale.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 07:29:56 AM »
i never thought about it but it's true that julia was never seen at the 'blue whale'(other than the scene mentioned here that i haven't actually seen).

some characters seemed to live there.burke,sam,joe,roger,jason and willie certainly frequented the place.
even "good girls" like vicki,carolyn and maggie seemed to be always up for a drink and a spin on the dance floor.

in general the supernatural characters didn't seem to have much of a fondness for the place but i can recall a few episodes where barnabas and nicholas drop in for a drink.i always think for some reason they are out of place there. :P
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 10:52:06 AM »
If this counts, David went there as a Leviathan, didn't he?  Or am I thinking of him possessed by Petofi?

Wasn't there any caviar or anything with the toast points?   That's what they're for, right?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline jeffreywj777

• Junior Poster
  • A Story of Blood Relations.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 03:06:12 PM »
I have strange crossover dreams from time to time. A couple of weeks ago, I was watching an early episode of Dr. Who, and had a dream I was wearing a kilt, working for Perry Mason, who wanted me to deliver a supeona (sp) to Collinwood. To much pizza for dinner that night.
Jeffrey

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 03:46:58 PM »
Now I'm trying to remember if Julia was ever in the Blue Whale.  I don't recall her being there, but perhaps someone here might be able to remember. 

Hysterical dream!  I've never seen Julia at the BW, but then I haven't seen Leviathan yet.  Seems like the only times Barnabas was ever there was when [spoiler]he was chomping on Maggie, or threatening Nathan (although it was The Eagle back then)[/spoiler]

I guess once he and Julia joined forces they were too busy saving the world to swill cocktails!  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 06:15:02 PM »
If this counts, David went there as a Leviathan, didn't he?  Or am I thinking of him possessed by Petofi?

Wasn't there any caviar or anything with the toast points?   That's what they're for, right?

Oh, yeah.....I can just see the Prop manager putting in a request for re-imbursement for a 4 oz. jar of Russian Beluga Malossal, (435.00)  air-freighted over-night.......[lghy]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2006, 04:33:26 AM »
I have strange crossover dreams from time to time. A couple of weeks ago, I was watching an early episode of Dr. Who, and had a dream I was wearing a kilt, working for Perry Mason, who wanted me to deliver a supeona (sp) to Collinwood. To much pizza for dinner that night.

I had a dream a night or two ago where i turned into Barnabas about halfway through for no coherent reason.  How very apt that we are approaching Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday.   For he had a dream, too.

I'm hoping there's an award out there for the most gall ever shown by a human being.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 12:57:18 AM »
I had a dream a night or two ago where i turned into Barnabas about halfway through for no coherent reason.  How very apt that we are approaching Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday.   For he had a dream, too.

MagnusTrask....lololol....FUNNY!!!

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline petofi

• Full Poster
  • " Collinwood '68 - Fashions courtesy of Ohrbach's"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 01:42:38 AM »
I'm hoping there's an award out there for the most gall ever shown by a human being.

There is, Magnus - It's named after one of your incestors . . er, ancestors.  It's Called The Golden Gregory.  The statuette representing the award depicts a brick wall!    ;D

Petofi, Giving MagnusTrask a "big hand." 

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2006, 10:18:37 AM »

There is, Magnus - It's named after one of your incestors . . er, ancestors.  It's Called The Golden Gregory.  The statuette representing the award depicts a brick wall!    ;D

Petofi, Giving MagnusTrask a "big hand." 

But, are you going to want the hand back after a century or so?

LOL, petofi.   Turns out I already have a mantlepiece filled with Greggies... guess i forgot about them.    The word is that I'm up for their Lifetime Achievement Award this year.    Wish me luck!

Thanks patti!!   Dad and Sister Charity would be so proud!