Author Topic: A coupl'a questions  (Read 945 times)

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
A coupl'a questions
« on: January 09, 2006, 04:47:59 AM »
Maybe, and I'm sure, you guys can help me out.

A. Do we ever find out *why* Liz hit Paul over the head back in the day? Did he marry Liz for the money and she finally realized it?

B. Do you ever wonder why all the adults in David's life are so damn keen on stiffling the poor kid's imagination? I mean he's locked up in that house and those grounds almost 24/7, no kids his own age to play with... maybe if they'd taken a bit more time to listen to what he had to say he wouldn't have had to go traipsing about the house all hours of the night conjuring up all kinds of hell beasties. It just bothers me so much when they constantly tell him that he's too old for, or knows better than, or has too much imagination.

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: A coupl'a questions
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 07:34:58 AM »
A. Do we ever find out *why* Liz hit Paul over the head back in the day? Did he marry Liz for the money and she finally realized it?
[spoiler]It was an act of desperation; Paul was planning to leave Liz and take Carolyn's inheritance with him.  When reasoning with Paul failed to stop him, Liz became enraged and went for the poker.[/spoiler]

As for David, the Collins family seemed determined to remain no-nonsense and rational (maybe in a wild effort to deny the many bizarre and frightening things that often plagued their lives.)  Daydreams about ghostly friends were not pragmatic and most unbecoming for the future head of Collins Enterprises.

ProfStokes

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 04:16:02 PM »
Aha! Thanks so much!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 05:54:20 PM »
welcome back arashi!

if you haven't seen the jason mcguire storyline(which includes the episode set in 1949 when we see what happened between liz and paul the night he tried to leave her)you should give it a watch.it's excellent.

as for david i'm currently watching the leviathan storyline and david just seems too old to act the way he does.
the scene where david and amy go to the antique shop to "play" with alexander really rings false to me.an adolescent boy doesn't "play" with small children.his scenes with the similarly aged michael seem more realistic.

i also don't think a boy of that age here would still be in the charge of a governess.it must have made perfect sense to put kls in this role but by this point david is too old.

b.t.w. david had two of the most seriously foxy governesses ever.do you think it affected his perception of women the rest of his life?in his choice of girlfriends did he always choose miniskirted,fall wearing,perpetually perplexed orphaned young ladies?was he always trying to "save" them from the type of unfortunate fates of the girls in whose care he was supposed to have been. :P
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 06:52:52 PM »
I've seen a good part of the Jason McGuire storyline, but only just from when the first Willie arrived at Collinwood. I've never seen anything prior, much to my dismay. (Waiting for thoise to be released on DVD!)

b.t.w. david had two of the most seriously foxy governesses ever.do you think it affected his perception of women the rest of his life?in his choice of girlfriends did he always choose miniskirted,fall wearing,perpetually perplexed orphaned young ladies?was he always trying to "save" them from the type of unfortunate fates of the girls in whose care he was supposed to have been.

::laughing:: I don't know about the saving part, David was always the one trying to scare the ever living crap out of them!

And thanks for the welcome back!