Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0017  (Read 500 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0017
« on: March 08, 2020, 06:18:14 PM »
Robservations #17

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0017

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 06:27:41 PM »
Isn't the art object on the piano in this capture from the ep -

- the same object that's at the bottom of the staircase when we finally get to see the Old House? If so, apparently Liz decided she no longer liked it and had it banished to the Old House. Or maybe David decided to do a little decorating, swiped it (afterward feigning no idea whatsoever what had happened to it, of course [wink2]) and on one of his many trips to the Old House to play and/or talk to Josette, he brought it there to adorn the staircase. We'll never know for sure...

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 03:22:31 AM »
David sleepwalks to the tower window and as his Aunt  Elizabeth  catches him he cries out, “I didn’t kill him”
Meanwhile, The folksy Dr Reeves tends to Roger who has a sprained wrist and two band aids on forehead and remarks he should have died. Malloy investigates and says it was no accident. Bleeder Valve is missing!!!
Roger learns Vickie saw Burke in the garage. Very heavy handed writing to make sure we know it was David. I think they should have been more ambiguous.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 06:39:17 PM »
The tower room window, lol!

David has a sleepwalk-inducing nightmare. Unfortunately, Liz enters just in time to keep him from jumping out the window. Once awake he grills her hoping to discover that he hasn't given himself away as his father's (attempted) murderer. He has, actually, but Liz is too unsuspecting to realize it.

Fred Stewart as Doctor Reeves provides comic relief with his Lionel Barrymore imitation of a country doctor. The only thing missing is the wheelchair. He devilishly calls attention to every single elephant in the room regarding the accident AND Burke Devin. Apparently the entire town is abuzz with the news of Devlin's return and what it means for the jerks on the hill. No doubt word of the (second) accident will spread like wild fire - starting with the Camerons.

Bill Malloy, equipped with simple yet detailed diagrams, shows Roger why his car crashed. A missing bleeder valve is to blame. Roger is sure that Burke is the culprit (and who could blame him?!). Bill warns against jumping to conclusions.

Meanwhile, in the drawing room, Liz tries to occupy David with a family history lesson but to no avail. Upon his father's arrival David quickly scrams (but not too far).

Liz, Roger and Bill discuss the evening's events. Roger gets grand after Liz tells him Vicki saw Burke in the garage. Vowing to correct past mistakes, Roger is warned not to do so by making new ones. Having heard enough, he sends Liz to bed and Bill home.

Once again Roger ascends the foyer stairs to question Vicki about Burke. All the while David hid in plain sight eavesdropping.

Lots of fun lines in this episode. My favorite - Bill to Roger: "What are you gonna do? Beat it out of him with one arm?"
Liz got through it all without a single drop of tea!
I wonder if Lucy Cameron had a boy or a girl?
I thought Roger and Liz's display of genuine affection towards each other was rather touching.
I enjoyed Roger, Bill Malloy and Doctor Reeves very much in this episode.