Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0015  (Read 443 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0015
« on: February 24, 2020, 11:40:39 PM »
Robservations #15

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0015

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 12:08:24 AM »
Even though I'd seen the photo of David looking from the window above the portico numerous times, I didn't realize David had actually been seen on the show doing it -

- until I saw Ep #15 on the Sci-Fi Channel in March of 1995. (After all, many 1966 publicity photos were taken at Seaview, but they didn't all depict things that would take place on the show. For example, David never stood on the terrace wall still having to look up to Roger, yet I'm sure most of us are familiar with the photo of David Henesy and Louis Edmonds where they're posing just that way.) So, it was really quite a thrill for me when I was exploring the interior of Seaview in 1997 and I actually went into the room above the portico, opened the window, and looked out it just like David had. It was like I was living out something that my 10-year-old self never dreamed I'd like to do one day because I didn't start watching DS until September of 1967, long after Ep #15 had originally run. But my 41-year-old self certainly enjoyed it.  [wink2]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 05:36:44 AM »
Vickie says in the Voiceover that she’s made a friend in David. During the episode he doesn’t seem all that friendly towards her and wishes his terrible lying father death and hatred.  She chats with David about a nasty little girl at the foundling home apparently trying to draw a parallel to David.
David asks his father is he’s going to send him away.  Roger is more interested in finding his car keys.
There is a nice exterior shot where Roger gets into the mustang and roars off. David watches from an upstairs window.  The crash is also filmed.  Elizabeth Collins Stoddard answers the phone. Roger has wrecked
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 12:55:31 AM »
Loved your post, MB.
I like this episode. It's packed with emotional concern and caring. Vicki and David, Liz and Roger. I like all the scenes and performances. It's nice not seeing the usual tension and animosity between Liz and Roger. And I'm always a big sucker for Vicki's caring talks with David. At least he's sitting still for her. I can see progress and it makes me feel good and I like that. David's still a monster though, isn't he. Killing his own father, and trying to pin it on Vicki. What the hell was I thinking just two sentences ago?!! The stage is set for Burke's second pinning by a Collins albeit unintentional this time around.
Liz senses danger and begs Roger not to go. David gives his father a chance to save his own life but Roger doesn't bite. David tells his mother telepathically that his father dies tonight! Liz asks Vicki to hold her hand while she frets. Liz confirms what we already know to be an understatement - Roger is not fond of his own son. A timely phone call from Burke beautifully sets him up to look guilty for another crime he hasn't committed. A second phone call confirms Liz's fear. Roger's been in a car accident, his fate as yet undetermined. Final fade on a clinically and emotionally detached monster.
All this groovy outdoor footage. I wonder if Curtis is trying to be different or if all the other soaps are doing the same thing. I also wonder if the school-aged audience knew what was going to happen to Roger. I mean who the hell knows what a bleeder valve is or even looks like. I guess  the mechanics magazine gives it away.