Author Topic: Netflix Nears Deal In $25M Range For Eddie Redmayne-Jessica Chastain Thriller  (Read 531 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
WHAT TO WATCH TONIGHT
October 26, 2022
Halloween Hits ABC Sitcoms, Tree of Life Docu, Nurse
Chastain, Tales of the Jedi and More

3:00AM
Netflix
The Good Nurse
Movie premiere[/i]: A nurse (played by Jessica Chastain) risks everything to uncover the truth about a series of mysterious patient deaths; Eddie Redmayne co-stars..

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
WORTH WATCHING:

The Good Nurse (streaming on Netflix): Jessica Chastain is Amy, a hard-working nurse and single mom with a heart condition who finds friendship and support with Charlie (Eddie Redmayne), a fellow nurse who seems too good to be true. When patients start dying mysteriously, an investigation reveals that Charlie may be responsible for killing hundreds of patients during a string of hospital jobs. Good grief!

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
I remember the initial disbelief and great outrage from the public which occurred after the news accounts of these many “mercy” killings surfaced. Former nurse Charles Cullen, the so-called “Angel of Death,” murdered 29 patients in hospitals in New Jersey and Pennsylvania over a 16-year-period, starting in 1987. There is speculation that Cullen may actually be responsible for over 400 deaths by injecting deadly medicines into patients’ IV fluid bags or by turning off their ventilators.

Cullen, who grew up in West Orange, NJ, later told authorities he thought the murders were actually mercy killings. “I thought that people weren’t suffering anymore,” Cullen said. “So in a sense, I thought I was helping.”

The convicted Cullen is serving 11 consecutive life sentences for 22 murders in New Jersey. Cullen is facing another 6 life sentences for his crimes in Pennsylvania. Cullen’s earliest possible parole date in New Jersey is June 10, 2388. He is currently incarcerated in New Jersey State Prison in Trenton, NJ.

The families of Charles Cullen’s many victims filed wrongful-death lawsuits against the hospitals where Cullen had worked. A confidential settlement was reached by the hospitals that continued to employ Charles Cullen over the years and the victims’ families.

The Netflix film based on this incident, “The Good Nurse,” starring Eddie Redmayne and Jessica Chastain, was released yesterday. After following the news accounts of this macabre case, I look forward to seeing the film. If this ghastly crime had occurred back during DS’ original run, I wonder if Dan Curtis might have considering “borrowing” this lurid tale for a possible similar storyline at the Collinsport Hospital?