Author Topic: February 20th In DS History  (Read 378 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
February 20th In DS History
« on: February 22, 2020, 12:59:50 AM »
After just checking the second Robservation's slidsehow, I suddenly realized what an important day February 20th was every year that DS was on

1967: Ep #171 - The aftermath of Dr. Guthrie's seance in which Josette spoke through Vicki and issued a warning.

1968: Ep #432 - Abigail discovered Barnabas, he forced her to face the truth, she died of a heart attack.

1969: Ep #694 - Quentin's Ghost drove the family from Collinwood and laughed hysterically when he had the house to himself.

1970: Ep #955 - After learning the truth about Nicholas and her husband Sky, Angelique was reunited with Barnabas, but when he spuned her and she discovered his relationship with Maggie, she cast a spell so that Maggie and Quentin thought they were in love.

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
Re: February 20th In DS History
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 03:30:22 PM »
Just getting around to reading this post. Great observations MB! It seems that February 20th was always a hot time for DS! February sweeps is a thing in soaps if I remember right so maybe that is an explanation behind why this date was usually exciting for episodes. I'm sure it's probably a coincidence that THESE episodes in particular ended up on the same day, but nevertheless I wonder if it was sweeps time for them and the writers planned out to have some sort of plot twist etc around this time?
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran