Author Topic: Another Person Discovers DS Is Available To Watch  (Read 545 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Another Person Discovers DS Is Available To Watch
« on: February 10, 2020, 08:27:20 PM »
Technology has some benefits

One has to wonder how many people are just learning from these articles that DS is available?

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Another Person Discovers DS Is Available To Watch
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 09:53:14 PM »
I remember back around 20 years ago two different people who were responsible adults being completely unaware that the old LPs of Donovan and the Beatles had been released on CD and had been available for years. They were quite surprised to learn about this when I told them.

I'm definitely out of the loop about a lot of current tech so I do feel sympathy for the woman. One of my recurrent nightmares is winding up having to stay somewhere where I have to talk to "Alexa" to get the lights to come on or to find my music for me. I know a lot of people like the convenience but the whole idea of this just seems like Hell on wheels to me.

cheers, G.

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
Re: Another Person Discovers DS Is Available To Watch
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 09:06:46 PM »
It's nice that people are able to rediscover the show this way. Equally nice that there are places you can watch DS for free if you can't afford Amazon Prime or the subscription through darkshadows.tv. The more available the show is, the better the chance that the fanbase will gain new members or even some reignited remembers from the original heyday.

I was just talking about DS to my mom the other day. She is an original fan and got me into the show. I've talked to her about it a few times over the last several months as I've been watching it and now she's going to start watching it again. Some shows never get "old."
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran