Author Topic: Commercials on DVD  (Read 914 times)

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Commercials on DVD
« on: December 24, 2005, 03:04:58 AM »
If commercials are included on the early episodes like they were on the VHS releases, I hope that chapter stops are included so that we can skip past them, or better yet a feature that will allow you to play the episodes with or without the commercials.

I really dig the atmosphere of DS and I'd hate to have it broken up 3 or 4 times an episode by a bunch of silly commercials - I wonder who we could contact at MPI...?

"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
Re: Commercials on DVD
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 07:36:40 PM »
Good idea.  It can be fun to see the commercials once, but I hope there is a choice to turn them off on the DVD.
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 01:21:13 AM »
They've only ever included the commercials for the very first episode, and for a selection of three shows that was on the last Colectors Series tape.  They included some episodes that had old commercials in which the DS stars appeared.

I wish someone would find Grayson's Playtex bra commercial and include that as an extra.  I think it was run during Dark Shadows a few times in 1970, so it should be on some of the original master tapes.

G.

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 06:03:50 AM »
They've only ever included the commercials for the very first episode, and for a selection of three shows that was on the last Colectors Series tape.

That's good to know, I was afraid it was on all of them -

They included some episodes that had old commercials in which the DS stars appeared. I wish someone would find Grayson's Playtex bra commercial and include that as an extra.  I think it was run during Dark Shadows a few times in 1970, so it should be on some of the original master tapes.

I'd love to see those!
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 08:56:02 AM »
I wish someone would find Grayson's Playtex bra commercial and include that as an extra.  I think it was run during Dark Shadows a few times in 1970, so it should be on some of the original master tapes.

And someone please bring forth the Don Briscoe commercial where he's showering with Palmolive soap (or was it LifeBuoy or Dial) - and another one where he's laying on the beach smoking a Camel cigarette (or was Don a Marlboro man?).
I remember the Grayson bra commercial, and probably asked myself, "Do Barnabas & Mrs. Stoddard approve of Dr. Hoffman's moonlighting?!"