Author Topic: AURORA Style..1960s..BARNABAS COLLINS..DARK SHADOWS.BUILT MODEL  (Read 1042 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Re: AURORA Style..1960s..BARNABAS COLLINS..DARK SHADOWS.BUILT MODEL
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 09:26:04 PM »
I remember the model kits of Dracula, Frankenstein, The Wolfman and The Mummy.  Did Aurora make those model kits as well?

And, in addition to King Kong and Godzilla, there were model kits for such super heroes as Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, The Hulk, etc.

Weren’t there model kits for Quentin and Angelique as well?

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 04:31:40 PM »
The Dark Shadows model kits were of Barnabas and "The Werewolf". They were made by MPC (Model Products Corporation).  MPC also put out a "Barnabas Vampire Van" which seemed like a cheesy take on the Munsters coach, and very much un-DS. (I did not buy the Vampire Van!)

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 08:45:21 PM »
I remember the model kits of Dracula, Frankenstein, The Wolfman and The Mummy.  Did Aurora make those model kits as well?

And, in addition to King Kong and Godzilla, there were model kits for such super heroes as Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, The Hulk, etc.

Weren’t there model kits for Quentin and Angelique as well?
I had a General Ursus model from Planet of the Apes. I know there was a DS werewolf. I think it had modern clothes, but I'm not sure. I don't recall Quentin or Angelique kits.
I also had a Lost in Space Robot kit. The first major purchase I ever made. It took me several weeks to save up for it. Then I got to the store and my mother asked about glue. The world fell out from under me, but she agreed to pay for it. Thank God.