Author Topic: Grayson Hall podcast  (Read 719 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Grayson Hall podcast
« on: September 23, 2019, 09:18:49 PM »
Fans,

Melody Clark, one of Grayson's fan club presidents from the late 1970s (and editor of the zine Shades of Grayson) leads this interesting conversation about Grayson as the lead-off episode of her new podcast, "Fan Flak."

https://anchor.fm/melody-clark/episodes/Fan-Flak-a-celebration-of-the-life-of-Grayson-Hall-e56s8v

DS fans Taeylor and Cassie, both of whom used to post here, are the other participants. Some fun stories and some very moving ones are told.

My only very slightly critical comment is that the topic of Grayson's favorite actress came up, and the name Kim Hunter was mentioned. In the interviews I've read (including a tape recording I heard of Grayson talking to fans), Grayson mentioned Kim Stanley, not Kim Hunter, as her favorite actress. A completely understandable mistake. Kim Hunter is at least somewhat remembered thanks to Planet of the Apes, but Kim Stanley is only really known to film buffs for her bravura performances in such movies as The Goddess and Seance on a Wet Afternoon. Kim Stanley also appeared in a memorable episode of Night Gallery in 1971.

There are some technical difficulties with this first episode. The sound goes dead 3 or 4 times. You just have to be patient and let the recording play and eventually, it comes back.

I am excited about this new series because Melody is so interesting to listen to, and she's promising Nancy Kersey and R.J. Jamison among future guests.

G.