Author Topic: PERFECT PET AT COLLINWOOD  (Read 1830 times)

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
PERFECT PET AT COLLINWOOD
« on: April 14, 2002, 01:25:05 PM »
Interesting that there were no pets (except bats and a cat)at Collinwood. Werewolfs don't count. Let's team up our favorite characters with an animal friend. I can just see the Countess DuPre entering the Old House with her Dogue de Bordeaux (French Mustiff) or Daniel Collins putting his frog in Aunt Abigail's bed. Perhaps Josette would have a pair of Love Birds. Well you get the idea....
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Minja

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: PERFECT PET AT COLLINWOOD
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2002, 01:54:42 AM »
Hmmm, interesting topic here.....

While a Dogue De Bordeaux is a good choice for the countess, nationality wise, I'd think that all it would take is one shake of it's head, spraying her with it's doggie drool, to send it back to the kennel whence it came.  I feel a Papillion is a much better choice for her and Josette!  I can just see them carrying them around, leaning over to whisper sweet nothings to them, with Joshua and Barnabas both rolling their eyes at this site!

Joshua probably has a kennel full of Foxhounds, all ready for a hunt across the estate!  Can't ya just hear Joshua cry "Tally-Ho!"  Oh, and he'd probably brag that his foundations on his foxhounds' pedigrees would find those brought over to America by George Washington.

And Barnabas might be found hunting some local game foul with his trusty Gordon Setter ready at point!

[shadow=teal,left,300]Always, Minja[/shadow]
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2002, 04:33:06 AM »
::)

In Spite of what Aunt Abigail would wish if I had been allowed a pet it would have been a snow white kitten with maybe black paws so his name could be "Morgan"

Mother always had  a fondness for "Doves" although she could not find it in her heart to cage such a sweet bird.

Aunt Abigail did have a fondness for the chinkens in the hen house, although she was much more fond of them for supper.

Barnabas had his pet I suppose, he favored his horse and the stables, before Josette he would always enjoy his daily ride.

Father hated animals that did no work at all so it is difficult to know what sort of pet he would have liked, although I would think father would have found a fish a good pet.

Ben Stokes would no doubt love a "Bulldog", as Riggs would have loved to have own his own "parret"

Well these are the pets I believe my family as well as some of the servants might have  had, if Father allowed it that is.

The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2002, 05:14:14 AM »
Pansy Faye would have a pekapoo and I could see Roger walking a full size schnauzer. Elizabeth would be more of a cat person.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
OT - role playing and fan fic
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2002, 06:27:34 AM »
From the forum guidelines, for Sarah--

2. The purpose of these forums is to discuss DARK SHADOWS, its characters, actors and storylines. Role playing (putting oneself or another poster into the DS story) is discouraged, and repeated efforts to role play may result in removal of these posts from the board. This does not, however, refer to DS-related usernames or signatures. These forums also do not accept fan fiction and such works are subject to removal.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2002, 06:31:25 AM »
The only pet that would ever survive at Collinwood would have to be a cat.  The people could barely take care of themselves, I shudder to think what would happen to a dog, birds, or even fish  ;)

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2002, 07:29:51 PM »
The only pet that would ever survive at Collinwood would have to be a cat.  The people could barely take care of themselves, I shudder to think what would happen to a dog, birds, or even fish  ;)

Luciaphil

Do you feel this is true with all the characters?

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2002, 07:35:11 PM »
Hmmm, interesting topic here.....

While a Dogue De Bordeaux is a good choice for the countess, nationality wise, I'd think that all it would take is one shake of it's head, spraying her with it's doggie drool, to send it back to the kennel whence it came.

However, it would be great to see Natalie's reaction!  ::)( If I am not mistaken,  Grayson Hall had a dog.)

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2002, 08:58:20 PM »

Do you feel this is true with all the characters?

You're joking, right?  :D  Yes, for everybody, mortals, witches, warlocks, vampires, ghosts, demons, etc..  I don't think there's a one of them capable of keeping a goldfish alive for more than a day.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2002, 09:26:08 PM »
A good 'ol golden lab for Carl, definitely.

A caged, de-venomed cobra for William L. Loomis (PT).

I can clearly see a black cat on Barn's lap, him waxing poetic about dear old Josette while stroking it.

I can also see Quentin being hissed at by said cat; while Joan Bennet's 1897 part saying how dirty cats are.

I can see many purchases of guinea pigs/gerbils for David....don't ask where they end up!!

Of course,

all pets....

would commit

suicide if

THEY HAD TO BE WITHIN EAR RANGE OF CARRIE!!! ;D

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2002, 10:17:11 PM »
This is what I would select for the characters in the 1795 storyline based on the idea that people look or act like their pet of choice...

The Countess: An afghan hound
Josette: A red cocker spaniel
Angelique: A Siamese cat
Barnabas: Before the curse: chocolate lab After: hybrid wolf
Joshua: A very expensive, well bred horse that he would rarely see.
Naomi: I like her so she can have a corgi.
Ben Stokes: A large, good-natured mutt (maybe a lab/bulldog/shepherd mix).
Abigail: A rat.
Melanie: An inbred poodle
Sara: A gray tabby kitten
Daniel: He seems more mentally stable and less troubled than his descendant David so I would give him a golden retriever pup.
Trask: A snake - preferably poisonous
Lt. Forbes: A cockroach      
Vicky: A white German shepherd
Peter Bradford: A Jack Russell terrier
Suki: a dumb bunny
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2002, 11:03:57 PM »
Meanwhile, back at Collinwood 1968¢â‚¬¦

Roger: A Boston terrier.
Liz: I like her too so she can also have a corgi.
David: Early David: One of the rats from the old house basement. As he grows¢â‚¬¦I might trust him with a sand crab and work him up to tropical fish by the time he hits 14.
Julia: A lone canary in a large empty cage.
Willie: A golden retriever.
Professor Stokes: An owl.
Maggie: A yellow lab.
Sam: A yellow tomcat.
Joe: One of the littermates of Maggie's yellow lab.
Mrs. Johnson: Some guppies - so she can gripe about how often they reproduce.
Harry Johnson: A stuffed owl - I can see him being into taxidermy for some reason.
Amy: A tiger kitten.
Chris: Before the full moon: a lamb. After the full moon: lamb chops
Quentin: A St. Bernard - with a 5 lb. bottomless keg of brandy around his neck.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2002, 11:42:46 PM »
No, no, Castlebee.....

Willie wouldn't HAVE a Golden....he practically IS a Golden!...all anxious to please and ready to do anything he's told....like my cousin's beautiful and darling Golden.

What he NEEDS is a Siberian bitch (the quintessential wolf-dog) who thinks he's the Alpha Male, looks up to him, follows him everywhere, waits to eat after he does, lays at his feet, and generally treats him like the Leader of the Pack.....just like mine treats my husband!  ::)

It would do WONDERS for Willie's non-existant ego!!

Rainey, who's been fighting this animal for the Alpha  Female position in the family for 10 years (and mostly loosing)!!!  :P
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2002, 02:13:10 AM »

You're joking, right?  :D  Yes, for everybody, mortals, witches, warlocks, vampires, ghosts, demons, etc..  I don't think there's a one of them capable of keeping a goldfish alive for more than a day.

Luciaphil

Am I becoming that predictive? If so, I am losing my touch!

CastleBee just love some of your suggestions....Maybe Trask could also have a Pit Bull that ends up turning on its owner. ;D

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2002, 02:20:35 AM »
Surely someone - David most likely or maybe one of those Leviathan kids - should have had a pet tarantula. The perfect pet for a Collinsport kid.

Angelique, especially in PT, should have had a snow white Persian cat with green eyes.

I could see Nicholas Blair with a parrot or perhaps a raven on his shoulder.