Author Topic: Joel Crothers Question  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Professor1985

• Full Poster
  • The Professor
    • View Profile
Joel Crothers Question
« on: December 01, 2005, 05:56:01 AM »
I like to ask a few questions about the late Joel Crothers.

Is it true that he died from AIDS complications? I know that he died from Lymphatic Cancer in 1985 at age 44. He died the same day as my uncle did, twenty years apart.

Also, is it true that Joel was gay?
Spencer H. Karter

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Joel Crothers Question
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 07:39:22 AM »
Is it true that he died from AIDS complications?

Yes.  Craig Hamrick states this in his book "Barnabas & Company."

He died the same day as my uncle did, twenty years apart.

I'm very sorry for your loss, Professor1985.

is it true that Joel was gay?

The Forum guidelines (#7) addresses the issue of gossip about the private lives of the DS actors.

Offline Professor1985

• Full Poster
  • The Professor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 09:43:04 PM »
The Forum guidelines (#7) addresses the issue of gossip about the private lives of the DS actors.
I disagree with guidelines #7, I was just curious that is that true. What ever happened to freedom of speech? This is the USA, I love the first amendment of the US consitution.  I thought that Joel died from lymphatic cancer. Why is sources say he died from AIDS complications?
Spencer H. Karter

Offline Professor1985

• Full Poster
  • The Professor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 09:53:28 PM »
I've apologized that I said I disagree with guideline #7. Everybody have their own opinions.
Spencer H. Karter

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 02:50:08 AM »
I've apologized that I said I disagree with guideline #7. Everybody have their own opinions.

This is actually a "right to privacy" issue.  It's our intent, not to trample your First Amendment rights, but to insure that the Forums not be a source of false, unverified, or unreliable personal information.  We make no judgment about the information itself or your desire to know, but we do require that any information about an actor's or actress' private life appear in a legitimate published work or that it arise from a public event (i.e. a Fest Q&A) before it can be repeated or discussed here.  That relieves posters of the responsiblity of verifying the information and helps to insure they're not invading the person's privacy.

A DS fan has stated his intent to publish a book about Joel Crothers, btw.

I thought that Joel died from lymphatic cancer. Why is sources say he died from AIDS complications?

Both statements are correct.  Persons with HIV and AIDS are susceptible to a variety of complications, including neoplastic complications.  Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma is the second most common neoplasm in AIDS patients.  (Kaposi's Sarcoma is the most common.)